Main Menu

Aegean Defender

Started by NARSES2, February 24, 2023, 03:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Right well here's a shot of how far I've got, plus it gives an idea of her size/bulk when compared to a Spitfire.

There's still at least a couple of rounds of psr to do and I do have to say that a lot of this is not the kit's fault, especially the wing/fuselage join. I an no longer the precision instrument I once was  :-\ , indeed have gone from a 6lb club hammer to a sledge, but we will persist.

Taken with my phone so forgive any "shake"

You cannot view this attachment.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

:thumbsup:

May save up and treat myself to one at Telford.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Yes, that's a BIG aeroplane for a fighter!  :thumbsup:

I've seen the real thing at the Solent Sky Museum and it TOWERS over everything else there apart from the Solent flying boat just across from it. The SRA/1 even makes the Sea Vixen parked underneath it look small.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

When you look at that very clear pic..shake my arse..you do get the impression it's big but it don't look alot bigger than a P-47 D or M .
Then you read what Kit said about the Sea Vixen and that's changes to 😳😲
Big is freaking huge .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

The Wooksta!

I've still got a Planet one tucked away and one is enough.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

It's the sheer height of the SRA/1 that impresses you. Of course it had to be that tall to keep the intake clear of the spray etc. but it's awesome nonetheless. And the Sea Vixen is a pretty low aircraft too.

Getting up to the cockpit must have been a major issue. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

buzzbomb

really do like the SRA/1, also seen the monster at Southhampton on one of my UK museum jaunts. I have done the Planet Resin kit and that was nice enough, fairly benign build. Finished beastie is here
I also had a crack as somebody's Vacform version, which wasn't so easy, directly because of the height of the fuselage, getting some anti flex bulkheads in was a pill.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: buzzbomb on April 09, 2023, 04:07:36 PMFinished beastie is here

I remember that now  :thumbsup:

It is the height of the thing that makes it look so big, especially with how small the cockpit appears to be. Once settled on the water it probably looked more "normal" ?

Anyway some more sanding done, and putty applied. I'm down to using some Revell putty and I think it may have been in the drawer to long  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

More psr completed, but I've still some more to do. I'm seriously considering a "sharks mouth" should that be a whales ? for that huge hole of an intake.

Wardukw

A huge vicious shark with massive choppers Chris  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 12, 2023, 01:27:24 PMA huge vicious shark with massive choppers Chris  :thumbsup:

Actually it would probably suit a more docile one  ;D

I actually checked I have some Milliput this morning, that's how bad one of the seams is looking  :-\

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 13, 2023, 05:57:13 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 12, 2023, 01:27:24 PMA huge vicious shark with massive choppers Chris  :thumbsup:

Actually it would probably suit a more docile one  ;D

I actually checked I have some Milliput this morning, that's how bad one of the seams is looking  :-\
Woah that's not cool ..ya need the big putty it sounds like a canyon not a gap 🤔

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 13, 2023, 12:33:30 PMWoah that's not cool ..ya need the big putty it sounds like a canyon not a gap 🤔

It's not so much a gap as the wing root joint leaves you with the wing being "higher" than the fuselage. Almost certainly my fault so I can't complain to much, but I need to blend them in to get a smooth transition.

We shall persevere and we will get there though  ;D 

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 12, 2023, 07:22:37 AMMore psr completed, but I've still some more to do. I'm seriously considering a "sharks mouth" should that be a whales ? for that huge hole of an intake.

Whale Shark?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..