Main Menu

Aegean Defender

Started by NARSES2, February 24, 2023, 03:07:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Place holder for my entry to this GB. It'll be the first GB I've entered for a while  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Anyway here's the initial shots of my planned builds

Sprue 1

SRA-1 006

Sprue 2

SRA-1 005

Box Top

SRA-1 004

Ancillaries - Transfers, etch, 3D transfers, masks et al

SRA-1 003
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I DO like that!  :wub:

I'll have to see if I can find enough room in The Loft to get one.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Pellson

I think I could make use of one or two myself..  :wub:
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

NARSES2

Quote from: Pellson on March 02, 2023, 04:41:47 AMI think I could make use of one or two myself..  :wub:

Funny enough when choosing whose Air Force to give it to I did do some research on how many lakes there are in Scandinavia.  ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 02, 2023, 08:32:38 AMFunny enough when choosing whose Air Force to give it to I did do some research on how many lakes there are in Scandinavia.  ;)

LOTS!

And loads of fjords too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

perttime

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 02, 2023, 08:32:38 AMFunny enough when choosing whose Air Force to give it to I did do some research on how many lakes there are in Scandinavia.  ;)
That depends on your definition of "lake".

Joe C-P

Oh, that's gonna be purty.  I love a flying boat!   :wub:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Nick

Now that's a big old aircraft. Got up close to the one at Southampton and it towers high over you. It also features on more than a few covers of Flight magazine.

https://www.solentsky.org/post/our-experimental-jet-flying-boat-the-saunders-roe-sra-1

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Nick on March 02, 2023, 09:40:55 AMNow that's a big old aircraft. Got up close to the one at Southampton and it towers high over you.

Me too, it's a BIG aeroplane, so much so that you think you've been shrunk to half scale!  :o

I love the way those wing floats do a complete 180 turn to retract as well, devilishly clever.

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 02, 2023, 09:05:24 AM

LOTS!

And loads of fjords too.

The problem with the water in a great many  Scandinavian lakes is that it tends to go rock hard in winter.  There are of course lots of temperate and tropical archipelagos that might be interested  so  Jamaican, Tongan or even Greek  aircraft are  possible.  Then  perhaps we should  consider Bolivian aircraft on Lake Titicaca, Egyptian on Lake Nasser  or  even Zambian on Lake Kariba...........................the possibilities are considerable.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Pellson

Actually, the very first aircraft in the Swedish military was an Italian flying boat, so.. 😉
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

kerick

Quote from: Pellson on March 02, 2023, 11:39:09 AMActually, the very first aircraft in the Swedish military was an Italian flying boat, so.. 😉

Israeli or Jordanian aircraft on the Dead Sea? Maybe not at the same time or for long considering the salt. Crews would have to go out every morning and scrape the hull.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Nick

Lake District Defence Force, based on Windermere at the former Shorts factory. Sunderland Mk.VI for airborne refuelling.