Triple Defence Vulcan

Started by Vulcan7, February 27, 2023, 09:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Quote from: McColm on February 27, 2023, 05:13:59 PMOr your build could have a parasite fighter carried above the middle section for air defence.

Have to be a Gnat.

Is the ordnance going to be a variant of the Red Wasp?

kerick

The old fashioned Testers white works well and doesn't yellow if you add only one drop of blue to the bottle. Better if you use the lightest grey primer available.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Why not just use a automotive based white primer like VHT .covers extremely well and it holds acrylics great..I used VHT flak black primer for pretty much all my builds..never had a problem .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Devilfish

Never mind such "practicalities" such as fuel! I want to see the airstrip wide enough to take this beastie! :thumbsup:

zenrat

Quote from: McColm on February 27, 2023, 12:24:45 PMHave you got any plans for the four spare wings?

Flying (X) wing?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

McColm

Maybe vertical take take off with skis that are deployed for landing on water,  which would solve the problem of using a runway.

Vulcan7

Very many thanks for top advice on white paint  :thumbsup:

I was thinking X-wing Vulcan for the extra wings left over ( a bit more of a tricky build though, plus saving up for another vulcan :-\ )

I also tried a Tornado on the wing, (great minds think alike  ;D ) ...One each side of the central fuselage, they seem to fit with wings swept back.

Did not think about the airstrip problem, salt flats maybe?.... big floats might ruin the look?

What-if I used a new top secret super fuel that give twice the range? ;D
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

NARSES2

As for white. In the UK then good old Halfords Appliance White spray cans. I've even found their white primer's a pretty good finish, especially with a top coat of Klear  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 28, 2023, 06:23:51 AMAs for white. In the UK then good old Halfords Appliance White spray cans. I've even found their white primer's a pretty good finish, especially with a top coat of Klear  :thumbsup:

:cheers: Great, Halfords sounds good , many thanks

McColm

Quote from: Vostoc7 on February 28, 2023, 09:25:11 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on February 28, 2023, 06:23:51 AMAs for white. In the UK then good old Halfords Appliance White spray cans. I've even found their white primer's a pretty good finish, especially with a top coat of Klear  :thumbsup:

:cheers: Great, Halfords sounds good , many thanks

I'll give it a try as well.

Tophe

Wonderful triple plane, thanks! :thumbsup:
Uh, maybe I prefer double, but with photo editing the triple can become double... I think I will ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Vulcan7

Quote from: Tophe on March 01, 2023, 08:09:17 AMWonderful triple plane, thanks! :thumbsup:
Uh, maybe I prefer double, but with photo editing the triple can become double... I think I will ;)

:cheers:  double does look good, but I cant run to a double & a triple so I plumped for a triple  ;D (feel free to photoshop away  :thumbsup: )

Tophe

Thanks!
And I fully approve your triple, of course! ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Robomog

This is messing with my head  :o

But in a good way  ;D

My attention you has it !  :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

Vulcan7

:cheers: Mog

Just need to buy some filler & the paint......

You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.You cannot view this attachment.   

ps I usually never have undercarriage down so I have lots spare if anyone ever needs some?