Triple Defence Vulcan

Started by Vulcan7, February 27, 2023, 09:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

That looks totally AWESOME!  :o  :thumbsup:

Specially the underside view with all those Olympuses (Olympii....?), It'd be in a similar category to TomZ's Dornier VTOL freighter in the noise stakes!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

Wow ! This is incredible ! Imagine the sound ?  :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I was all "yeah, that's pretty good I suppose" and then I saw all those exhausts...

... :wub:

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: Vostoc7 on March 04, 2023, 04:10:59 AMps I usually never have undercarriage down so I have lots spare if anyone ever needs some?

Speaking of undercarriage: I'm just trying to imagine what this things' would look like. :blink:

As for the noise: I'm figuring about the same as a flight of Vulcans taking off simultaneously during a "War Emergency Simulation", a sound I would expect to be quite awe inspiring. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Maybe the rear crew can get upgraded to upward firing ejection seats finally!

Love it.   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Rick Lowe

Awesome build.  :thumbsup:
Just a thought: if it's being displayed in-flight, do the bomb's fins need to be folded? Or did they only unfold when dropped?

(make sure you use a heavy enough twine to hang that puppy up with, though)

Wardukw

This is epic ...the first thing I thought was the same as the other lads..the sound..the Vulcan howl ..which sounds amazing is now gonna be a roar ..that's a sound I'd love to hear  ;D  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Quote from: Rick Lowe on March 04, 2023, 12:19:28 PMAwesome build.  :thumbsup:
Just a thought: if it's being displayed in-flight, do the bomb's fins need to be folded? Or did they only unfold when dropped?

(make sure you use a heavy enough twine to hang that puppy up with, though)

:cheers: I wasn't sure about the bomb fins especially as on the box art of the new edition of the Vulcan the fin is down in flight

I have some heaveyweight fishing line ready so hopefully it won't fall on my head, many thanks...I did have a Superfortress fall down once :rolleyes:  :thumbsup:

many thanks for the kind comments  :cheers:  apart from the old kits difficult fit it's a relatively straight forward build

ps the undercarriage would have to be made of titanium  :lol:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Rick Lowe

Yeah, or paper clips. They can handle a bit of weight. :thumbsup:

Even if you're not underneath it if it falls, the thought of having to repair it is a bit daunting...

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

It does look good, I would have blanked over the two outer cockpits so that the pilots have a unobstructed view. VTOL is the way to go,I'm sure that you can fabricate the inductors needed to lift it off the ground.  :thumbsup:

Vulcan7

Quote from: Tophe on March 07, 2023, 11:56:02 AM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on March 04, 2023, 04:10:59 AMJust need to buy some filler & the paint......
:thumbsup:
Go on! ;D

filler is in the post, picking up the paint from Halfords tomorrow (10 mile cycle :-\ )

Vulcan7

Quote from: McColm on March 08, 2023, 01:29:22 AMVTOL is the way to go,I'm sure that you can fabricate the inductors needed to lift it off the ground.  :thumbsup:

not sure my skills are up to it, also darn't spend any more on it at the mo  :-\  ;D  great idea though  :thumbsup:

Vulcan7

Got the paint on.....

You cannot view this attachment.