LCNS Yorktown-class Helo Carrier

Started by scooter, February 28, 2023, 08:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scooter

Placeholder for the Londthyrian Confederacy Naval Service's Yorktown conversion to a Landing Platform Helicopter  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

scooter

Londthyrian Confederacy Navy Ship Helvetii, LHA-4, 195x as assigned to the UN Naval Command during the Korean War.  Formerly LCNS Lupus, CV-4, converted to helicopter carrier along with her sister LCNS Anas CV-3 (renamed LCNS Vindelici, LHA-3) to provide air assault capabilities to the LC Marine Corps.  The LCMC provided pathfinders for the Invasion of Inchon and worked with US and Royal Marines to provide logistical and CASEVAC support to X Corps during the Chosin Reservoir campaign.  LCMC H.19 Chickasaw and HH.1 Morfarch (Seahorse) helicopters were also frequent visitors to US Army MASH units during the conflict.

Full Rez here
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I was going to complain about the lack of Rotodyne but then I realised it was a touch too early.
You could just about squeeze a Mojave into the timeline though.   ;D

Very good.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..