B-29 "Washington", R.A.E. test bed *finished + new pics*

Started by sandiego89, March 02, 2023, 03:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Quote from: Gondor on April 15, 2023, 01:26:33 PMIs this going to be the UK equivelant of the Tu-4 with Boot Tu-91, modelled here?

Gondor

Yes, but not nearly as well done! Had not seen that. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

sandiego89

Here we go.

Should the second observer be required to ride along?!

Dave "Sandiego89"

Wardukw

I was lovin this build and I still do but now I'm interested even more and quite intrigued ☺️ 😏
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Yes they should and a clipboard is always handy 😉

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sandiego89 on April 15, 2023, 05:36:08 PMShould the second observer be required to ride along?!

Someone's got to kick the pesky landing gear down when they're on approach! That happens in SO many movies!

Oh no, that's with B-17s, not B-29s, sorry.  ;D  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

You have to try and get the Mamba exhausts fitted as they will improve the look of the test item and dont forget that the exhausts for the B-29 will not be neededso there should be no reason not to modify the kit parts. I also see a lot of PSR in your future  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sandiego89

Quote from: Gondor on April 16, 2023, 03:53:52 AMYou have to try and get the Mamba exhausts fitted as they will improve the look of the test item....

I have plans for some Mamba exhausts, big and bendy! 

I do want to preserve the ability to revert back to a 3350 engine so want to keep most of the mods forward of the firewall.

The more of this B-29 I do, the more WHIFFY ideas are coming into my mind.  Bomber, drop-ship, different users, different engines, cargo, pax, a whole array of Tu-4 ideas.....  The B-29 is under-whiffed on here- get to work fellas!  It is a good kit.   

Dave "Sandiego89"

Gondor

The Tu-4 did a lot. I have Red Stars Volume 7 Tupolev Tu-4 by Yefin Gordon and Vladimir Rigmant publisheb by Midland Publishing which is chock full of the use and development of the aircraft. I found it very interesting.

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

McColm

Gondor

McColm

Gondor

Quote from: McColm on April 17, 2023, 05:28:18 AM
Quote from: Gondor on April 17, 2023, 03:04:13 AM
Quote from: McColm on April 16, 2023, 02:11:53 PMHow about a single-deck C-97?

Then it would not be a C-97
No it wouldn't, a lovechild of the B-29.

The Soviets had a go or two at building a passenger aircraft from the B-29 though. It's in the book I mentioned along with the various other proposals.

Gondor