B-29 "Washington", R.A.E. test bed *finished + new pics*

Started by sandiego89, March 02, 2023, 03:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The Tu-70 to name but one. That looked like a DC6 or 7 but with Soviet 'styling'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 17, 2023, 11:40:02 AMThe Tu-70 to name but one. That looked like a DC6 or 7 but with Soviet 'styling'.

It would be interesting to build one and put it on a table just to see if anyone knew what it was

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

loupgarou

After seeing the last photo,I think I need a strong drink..... :o
Wonderfully weird idea.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

sandiego89

Complete.  B-29 Washington.  Royal Aircraft Establishment test bed, Double Mamba/FAA Gannet tests. 

With all 4 3350 engines

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Wardukw

Awesome awesomeness Dave..love this mate  :wub:  :wub: 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

That has turned out very well indeed  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Awesomeness just doesn't come as intense as this!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Does the Gannet bit come off and then replaced with an original P&W?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 11, 2023, 02:21:05 PMAwesomeness just doesn't come as intense as this!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Does the Gannet bit come off and then replaced with an original P&W?

Yes, easy to revert back to the stock 3350 engine.  I didn't want to do anything drastic so it could be repurposed for other duties.   The Gannet was held is place with just a dab of glue on the firewall. Nothing to mar the upper nacelle or wing. 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

major

buzzbomb

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 11, 2023, 12:56:38 PMAwesome awesomeness Dave..love this mate  :wub:  :wub: 👍

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 11, 2023, 02:21:05 PMAwesomeness just doesn't come as intense as this!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Quote from: major on May 11, 2023, 05:04:25 PMThat is just the dogs dangles!  :thumbsup:  ;D

Quote from: buzzbomb on May 11, 2023, 05:41:35 PMSuper good work :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I think that about sums it up!  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.