B-29 "Washington", R.A.E. test bed *finished + new pics*

Started by sandiego89, March 02, 2023, 03:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

I spray with mainly Tamiya..Ammo and Vallejo's paints and I've had the drying problem to and then I tried Tamiya paint retarder...in the middle of summer..if you can call what we had as such...no problems lads...also brought a air brush cleaning kit too..cheap as chips and it something I should brought yrs ago..but..oh well.
Also I use alcohol to clean the brush after spraying..cleans the bowl as it eats the paint. Then a final wash with water..gets rid of the alcohol..it works well guys even with the cheap n nasty air brush I use.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Very nice work Dave .. :thumbsup:
Least in the 29 you'll be able to see most of that  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

Dave "Sandiego89"

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

buzzbomb

Wardukw

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sandiego89

Thanks everyone, the hull blanks that cover up where the turrets go for Silver-plate or other turretless B-29s were a bit of a bear.  you have scribe off the turret rings and put some kind of backing tab inside the holes to keep the blanking covers from falling in, and then they are still tough to get flush with the fuselage. 

Had much debate whether to include the deicing boots on the leading edges.  Seems some B-29s had them, some did not, but it looks like some? all? Washington's had them in RAF service. Perhaps the Marianas Islands were a bit warmer than typical UK climate.       
Dave "Sandiego89"

sandiego89

Now the WHIF phase.

With the Double Mamba experiencing compressor stalls during 1953 trials, and propellor control challenges, an airborne test bed was desired.

1/72 Revell Gannet AS MK1

Dave "Sandiego89"

PR19_Kit

AhAH! I see where you're going now.  ;D

What a SPLENDID idea.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 15, 2023, 12:57:32 PMAhAH! I see where you're going now.  ;D

What a SPLENDID idea.  :thumbsup:

This has all the makings of a REALLY GOOD IDEA!! I agree with the honourable representative from the  Forest of Dean.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Is this going to be the UK equivelant of the Tu-4 with Boot Tu-91, modelled here?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....