2023/2024 Season Call For Ideas

Started by NARSES2, March 07, 2023, 06:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

<opens up his list>

Dogs and Cats GB - Subject name must be that of a dog or a cat.  Grumman Wildcat, Daimler Dingo, Hispaniel Suiza... ;)

Autogyro GB

It'll never Work/What were they smoking GB - Stupid and/or ugly and/or weird.  the stupider the idea the better.  Extra points for ridiculousness or building anything from Blackburn or Reliant.

Longer Wings GB

Buccaneer, Harrier, Jaguar GB - the obvious successor to Lightning, Hunter, Canberra.

The next 50 years in space GB - Seadude's idea I made a note of.

Weather GB - Lightning, Tempest, Typhoon etc

23 GB - subject must have some vague connection with 23

Ekranoplan GB

Scaleorama GB - sandiego89's idea I made a note of

Canard GB -  idea from the Viggenize it thread

Delta Wing GB

Star Wars GB

Schneider Trophy GB

Real World GB

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

From Fred Zenrat's List....

It'll never Work/What were they smoking GB - Stupid and/or ugly and/or weird.  the stupider the idea the better.  Extra points for ridiculousness or building anything from Blackburn or Reliant;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Longer Wings GB  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  but I'd probably be banned from entering. :(

Real World GB Nah, it'd never work, we'd never find any kits like that to build in our stashes.  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

1)Ferries

Any watercraft that can carry more than one motorised vehicle or Air Ferry.

2) Steam Engines

Either static or  coal/wood powered traction engines or vehicles. Not gas/nuclear turbines to produce steam.

3) Nuclear powered vehicles

Any real world or concept designed nuclear powered vehicles including; ships,  cars, aircraft, spaceships and submarines.

4) The Flying Scotsman

Any real world or whatif vehicle that has carried the Flying Scotsman's nameplate .

5) Powered gliders

Any real world or fictitious aircraft that needs an engine to provide thrust for altitude but not for forward flight.

6) Kitbashed

Using only started builds and any spare parts to produce whiffery nothing real world.

7) Landmarks

Any man-made Landmarks, real world or fantasy, nothing straight-out-of-the-box.

8) From Bombers to freighters

Any bomber that can be converted into a freighter. Must be based on a bomber with a weapons bay and a flight crew of 5 or more.

9) Spaceplanes

Any aircraft that uses it's own power to take-off, fly in Space at a height of 90,000ft or more and lands back to earth carrying passengers.

10)  Flying Wings

Any aircraft that has been designed to incorporate the Flying Wing, Delta Wings aren't included. Examples are the Northrop B-2, B-35 and B-49.

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kitbasher

Alternative Irish Air Corps GB:
Lots of recent related chat at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=51248.0, and previously at https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=50216.0, so it looks as though there's already at least some interest in the topic.

Civilianise/Militarise It:
Perhaps a rerun of the 2015 GB (https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?board=171.0)?

The VIP GB:
Anything land, sea, air, space or time vehicle used by a head of state, head of government, basically anyone considered important.

Quote from: Lord_Voyager on March 07, 2023, 06:28:25 AMSomething simple - Aces.

Any model of a aircraft, vehicle or ship/sub that was an ace-maker. That could be a James Bond car or a jet or Allen Carter's Eagle One or a U-boat...

You just have to state where it became an ace maker - Richard Bong's P-38 lightning would be a good example or perhaps Bond's DB5...

Heck, Poe Dameron's X-wing would be worthy.

What would constitute an ace, please?

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 07, 2023, 08:22:53 AMRivers & Lakes

Anything that goes on rivers or lakes;
                                        River/Lake Racing Boats
                                        Seaplanes/Flying Boats
                                        River Gunboats
                                        Great Lakes Steamers
                                        Kayaks/Canoes
                                        Float Rigged Helicopters
                                        Etc.

Well that would include aircraft carriers (see https://militaryhistorynow.com/2016/08/29/fresh-water-flattops-the-u-s-navys-forgotten-great-lakes-aircraft-carriers/, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Wolverine_(IX-64) and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Sable_(IX-81)) and submarines (https://www.ussjpkennedyjr.org/the-united-states-navys-submarine-presence-in-the-great-lakes/), then!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

sandiego89

- "The alternative propulsion" GB.  Entry must show a change in the type of propulsion, or engine.  Sail to steam, horseless carriage to motorized, piston to turboprop or jet, Internal combustion to electric..... Changes to larger engine of the same type, or additional or fewer engines of the same type are NOT allowed.   

- "South of the Equator" GB

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Mossie

Extreme GB - Fastest, highest, largest, longest, heaviest etc. 

Bomber & Bombardment GB -  Bomb something, by dropping it from above or launching it from below. Aircraft, ships, ground vehicles, artillery, orbital platforms etc.  Bombs, shells, missiles, even water bombers.

Humanitarian GB - Anything that delivers aid to those in need.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on March 08, 2023, 02:06:44 PMExtreme GB - Fastest, highest, largest,  longest  heaviest etc. 

I've done that already............   ;)

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Not in the dimension I was expecting!  :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitbasher

Quote from: sandiego89 on March 08, 2023, 01:28:42 PM- "The alternative propulsion" GB.  Entry must show a change in the type of propulsion, or engine.  Sail to steam, horseless carriage to motorized, piston to turboprop or jet, Internal combustion to electric..... Changes to larger engine of the same type, or additional or fewer engines of the same type are NOT allowed.

Yep, gets my support - had been thinking along 'Engine change' similar lines.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

seadude

How about something humorous and FUN?

Like...........
What if Walt Disney had it's own military forces? What crazy aircraft, tanks, etc. would Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. have?  ;D

Or how about the Beverage and/or Fast Food wars? Design and build an aircraft, ship, tank, etc. based on the food and beverage wars/competion between McDonalds, Burger King, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, and others.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 08, 2023, 02:51:16 PM
Quote from: Mossie on March 08, 2023, 02:06:44 PMExtreme GB - Fastest, highest, largest,  longest  heaviest etc. 

That wold be...interesting to fly.  :o
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

scooter

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 08, 2023, 06:22:37 PM

Just taxiing around EWR, LAX, or JFK would be interesting.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

AeroplaneDriver

Seeing a lot of ideas I like so far.  Ones particularly piquing my interest include the "Buccaneer, Harrier, Jaguar", "Frozen/Snow", "Irish Air Corps", "Delta Wing", "Star Wars" and "Sci-Fi" suggestions. 

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: scooter on March 08, 2023, 06:25:02 PM
Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 08, 2023, 06:22:37 PM

Just taxiing around EWR, LAX, or JFK would be interesting.

BOS...that's the one I would dread.  That's a challenging airport on the ground.