2023/2024 Season Call For Ideas

Started by NARSES2, March 07, 2023, 06:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 08, 2023, 06:22:37 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 08, 2023, 02:51:16 PM
Quote from: Mossie on March 08, 2023, 02:06:44 PMExtreme GB - Fastest, highest, largest,  longest  heaviest etc. 

I've done that already............   ;)

That wold be...interesting to fly.  :o
Bloody hell Kit  ;D
Landing that would be very interesting I'd bet ..the rear wheels would touch tarmac and 30 mins later..the nose wheels. :lol:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

12) Business Jets converted into Maritime Patrol Aircraft

The trend seems to be that Business jets are being converted into Maritime Patrol Aircraft and  AWACs platforms.

13) Any kit from Mach2

That's any model kit manufactured by Mach2, straight out of the box or spare parts added.

14) King Charles III's transport fleet

Presidents and royalty have dedicated modes of transport, so any real world or whatifs built especially for the new King

15) Ambulances

As most of the Ambulances in the UK are based on van chassis, what alternatives are there in Whiffland?

AeroplaneDriver

Feels like Ambulances may be getting into a bit of an overlap with the Blue Lights GB 2 years ago.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 08, 2023, 09:52:04 PMBloody hell Kit  ;D
Landing that would be very interesting I'd bet ..the rear wheels would touch tarmac and 30 mins later..the nose wheels. :lol:

The backstory says it never did fly, not in that form anyway.

For those interested the build and backstory are here :-

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=22298.msg320403#msg320403

https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=33652.msg527903#msg527903
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

I can't believe this was actually built..the real deal and one thing came to mind if it ever did take flight it would never be able to do a sharp maneuver or that fuselage would bent like crazy and if it ever got into bad turbulence it would be in big trouble..I could see it snap like a twig.
It's actually a good thing it didn't fly .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

Quote from: McColm on March 08, 2023, 10:09:06 PM15) Ambulances

As most of the Ambulances in the UK are based on van chassis, what alternatives are there in Whiffland?

Not just the UK.  Across the pond here, we have 3 "official" standards ambulances, all of which are either FWD or RWD:

Type 1: up to 14k lbs, pickup chassis with separate box patient compartment (generally a high top van)

Type 2:  up to 10k lbs, van with integrated patient compartment

Type 3: up to 14k lbs, heavy duty van chassis with separate box patient compartment

There are, of course, variations on a theme, most notably the heavy duty "rescue" ambulance, or "mini-mods" built on the lighter end of the Type 1/Type 3 vehicle chassis.

The beloved Caddy/Lincoln ambulances were sunset under the GSA's Triple-K standard in 1974 (which has been replaced by the NFPA 1917 standard), because there's no room in the back to do anything.

The TL:DR version of "Why ambulances are built on a truck chassis" is because there needs to be room to work on the patient.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitbasher on March 08, 2023, 12:10:46 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on March 07, 2023, 08:22:53 AMRivers & Lakes

Anything that goes on rivers or lakes;
                                        River/Lake Racing Boats
                                        Seaplanes/Flying Boats
                                        River Gunboats
                                        Great Lakes Steamers
                                        Kayaks/Canoes
                                        Float Rigged Helicopters
                                        Etc.

Well that would include aircraft carriers (see https://militaryhistorynow.com/2016/08/29/fresh-water-flattops-the-u-s-navys-forgotten-great-lakes-aircraft-carriers/, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Wolverine_(IX-64) and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Sable_(IX-81)) and submarines (https://www.ussjpkennedyjr.org/the-united-states-navys-submarine-presence-in-the-great-lakes/), then!

Yes, it would. ;D

I forgot to mention dry or seasonal lakes, like Lake Eyre in South Australia or Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, where one might attempt Land Speed Records! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on March 08, 2023, 10:28:46 PMFeels like Ambulances may be getting into a bit of an overlap with the Blue Lights GB 2 years ago.

True but avoids exclusion by the skin of it's teeth, Blue Lights was the final build of the 2020/2021 Season so it will go to the Poll.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: seadude on March 08, 2023, 04:38:11 PMHow about something humorous and FUN?

Like...........
What if Walt Disney had it's own military forces? What crazy aircraft, tanks, etc. would Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc. have?  ;D

Or how about the Beverage and/or Fast Food wars? Design and build an aircraft, ship, tank, etc. based on the food and beverage wars/competion between McDonalds, Burger King, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, and others.

Disney vs Loony Tunes vs Hanna Barbara would have a lot of scope for fun.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rheged

Quote from: McColm on March 08, 2023, 10:09:06 PM14) King Charles III's transport fleet

Presidents and royalty have dedicated modes of transport, so any real world or whatifs built especially for the new King

May I slightly adjust this suggestion to "Royal/ Presidential Transport"  ,   which allows for  variations on that old Heller kit of a Viking ship in your stash, Siamese Imperial Elephants, Aerospace Force One, a steampunk creation that Price Albert might have developed  for Victoria had he not died an untimely death,  Chinese emperor Wan Hu's flying chair,  a selection of Rolls Royces and Daimlers............................................

...............................and didn't a Himalayan kingdom once have a Skyvan as a Royal conveyance?

Or perhaps this is too wide a topic.

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on March 09, 2023, 02:33:14 AM
Quote from: McColm on March 08, 2023, 10:09:06 PM14) King Charles III's transport fleet

May I slightly adjust this suggestion to "Royal/ Presidential Transport"  ,   which allows for  variations on that old Heller kit of a Viking ship in your stash, Siamese Imperial Elephants, Aerospace Force One, a steampunk creation that Price Albert might have developed  for Victoria had he not died an untimely death,  Chinese emperor Wan Hu's flying chair,  a selection of Rolls Royces and Daimlers............................................

...............................and didn't a Himalayan kingdom once have a Skyvan as a Royal conveyance?

I think it's open to plenty if creativity
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

kitbasher

Quote from: scooter on March 09, 2023, 02:39:01 AM

I think my VIP GB suggestion would cover all eventualities
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitbasher on March 09, 2023, 03:04:56 AM

Yep! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

Quote from: kitbasher on March 09, 2023, 03:04:56 AM

May I slightly adjust this suggestion to "Royal/ Presidential Transport"  ,  which allows for  variations on that old Heller kit of a Viking ship in your stash, Siamese Imperial Elephants, Aerospace Force One, a steampunk creation that Price Albert might have developed  for Victoria had he not died an untimely death,  Chinese emperor Wan Hu's flying chair,  a selection of Rolls Royces and Daimlers............................................

My suggestions usually end up being tweaked or added to other ideas for a better definition.

Weaver

Quote from: seadude on March 08, 2023, 04:38:11 PMOr how about the Beverage and/or Fast Food wars? Design and build an aircraft, ship, tank, etc. based on the food and beverage wars/competion between McDonalds, Burger King, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, and others.

In 1978, 2000AD magazine did a long-running Judge Dredd series called The Cursed Earth in which a team trekked across post-apocalyptic North America to the west coast. At one point, they encountered a situation where 'MacDonald's Marauders' were at war with 'The Burger King'...  :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:  The satire was a bit too on-the-nose for the lawyers of certain American fast food chains, and the lawsuits were only dropped on condition that the episodes were never reprinted. That ended in 2015 when the law changed to offer stronger protection to 'satire and parody' useage of trademarks.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones