2023/2024 Season Call For Ideas

Started by NARSES2, March 07, 2023, 06:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on March 14, 2023, 08:02:23 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 14, 2023, 06:23:56 PM
Quote from: Weaver on March 14, 2023, 05:27:09 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 14, 2023, 11:53:20 AMIt been a while but I'd like another zombie apocalypse GB...we had one some time back which of course I missed .
I'll bet there's still plenty of build ideas out there for one...ive already got 2 .

I'd support that if it was a general post-apocalypse theme rather than specifically a zombie-induced one. Personally I'm sick-to-death of zombies...
Weaver mate I'm quite happy with your suggestion and it's one my brain didn't even think of to be honest with ya.
Yeah a post-apocalyptic theme is a great idea..can then be anything from a virus...alien invasion ..group of seriously pissed off feminists...or zombies .
A GB where it can be anything your mind can invent to do with surviving a post-apocalyptic world.

Just look at the pics from Ukraine for ideas.
Bloody good idea Kerick..fact that just added to my second idea  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 14, 2023, 09:25:23 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 14, 2023, 11:53:20 AMIt been a while but I'd like another zombie apocalypse GB...we had one some time back which of course I missed .
I'll bet there's still plenty of build ideas out there for one...ive already got 2 .

I'd support that if it was a general post-apocalypse theme rather than specifically a zombie-induced one. Personally I'm sick-to-death of zombies...
Weaver mate I'm quite happy with your suggestion and it's one my brain didn't even think of to be honest with ya.
Yeah a post-apocalyptic theme is a great idea..can then be anything from a virus...alien invasion ..group of seriously pissed off feminists...or zombies .
A GB where it can be anything your mind can invent to do with surviving a post-apocalyptic world.

After I posted that it kind of made me sad and POed about the suffering going on there because of a few people's egos. Not just Putin, there are others, just not as well known. It is an apocalypse for them.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on March 14, 2023, 09:57:25 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on March 14, 2023, 09:25:23 PM

After I posted that it kind of made me sad and POed about the suffering going on there because of a few people's egos. Not just Putin, there are others, just not as well known. It is an apocalypse for them.
Don't get wrong mate ..trust me I feel for those ppl in a big way..ive been in that sort of crap before and I got to leave..they don't and tell ya one thing..if I was still active..I would be there.
What I ment about it being a good idea is the wrecked vehicles..destoryed building pics are everywhere so no need to even look at the Ukraine for those.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

McColm

Alternative public transport, whiffs.

kitbasher

Hope this isn't too late.....

Trials and Tribulations GB.  Anything used by trials/testing organisations (real or fictional) for testing machines, stores (weaponry, etc), processes, people, tactics - anything, any era.

Could include manufacturers using their own or someone else's products for test purposes.

So in a UK context (apols rest of the world) it would include A&AEE and it's successor organisations for aircraft, Martin-Baker for ejection seats.  Only a couple of examples, many many more I'm sure.

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

seadude

I have an idea for a 2023 One Week Group Build.
The subject could be to design/build new armaments like bombs, missiles, gun turrets, rocket launchers, etc.
Try to think of something new that would be carried by a plane, launched from a ship, or on top of a tank or other armored vehicle.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

McColm

Alternative uses for Trams.

The circus comes to town.
The vehicles used to transport the animals.

Planes converted into gliders.

Off road vehicles, Rock climbers, Hill climbers

Alternative rescue services including Thunderbirds.

Fantasy film or book vehicles, boats, aircraft and spacecraft .

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Rheged

Quote from: Weaver on March 18, 2023, 03:08:39 PM
Quote from: McColm on March 18, 2023, 12:01:27 PMAlternative uses for Trams.

Piracy... ;)

Somewhere, I have a Roland Emmett cartoon of a "flying squad" tram pursuing and preparing to board a pirate tram
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Old Wombat

Double 'Em/Halve 'Em

Double the number of engines on your plane, or in you vehicle or boat/Halve the number of engines on your plane, or in you vehicle or boat.

The idea is to try to stay in-period & keep the overall power output about the same.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 18, 2023, 05:11:01 PMDouble 'Em/Halve 'Em

Don't think I'd try either version with a B-36 kit....................  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Old Kit GB could do with another go.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on March 18, 2023, 10:53:42 AMHope this isn't too late.....

Nope, the call for ideas stays open until 21st March and I'll look to organise the vote on 22nd. Originally plan was for the vote to be on the 21st, but I've a hospital appointment so things will slip a day, apologies.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: seadude on March 18, 2023, 11:12:58 AMI have an idea for a 2023 One Week Group Build.
The subject could be to design/build new armaments like bombs, missiles, gun turrets, rocket launchers, etc.
Try to think of something new that would be carried by a plane, launched from a ship, or on top of a tank or other armored vehicle.

As things stand we don't have a theme for the 1 week GB, so you can build whatever takes your fancy.

However once we get the 2023/2024 GB Season sorted (or well on the way to being sorted) I'll be organising a discussion about the future/way ahead for GB's in general and if someone wants to propose that the One Week GB should be "Themed" then it can be discussed and if necessary voted on.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: NARSES2 on March 19, 2023, 02:34:45 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on March 18, 2023, 10:53:42 AMHope this isn't too late.....

Nope, the call for ideas stays open until 21st March and I'll look to organise the vote on 22nd. Originally plan was for the vote to be on the 21st, but I've a hospital appointment so things will slip a day, apologies.

Phew!

Hope hostipule appointment goes well, Chris.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter