Zlody - Venus Lander. Finished pics pages 5 & 7.

Started by zenrat, March 12, 2023, 04:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

That looks more like a alien attacker and one that I'm pretty sure would be shot at as it's attacking the soft squishy human things.
Either way ya look at it..it's a great build with a brilliant paint job 👍 👍 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Great work and an awesome paint job I would have never thought of!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Thanks folks.

DUKWy it's a proposed lander for a mission to Venus so the soft squishy earthlings will be inside it.  It's the Venusians who will be doing the shooting.

The second attempt at plumbing the leg joints has also failed.  The red vinyl line, despite looking promising, broke in a number of places while it was standing overnight.
So I have removed it, re-drilled the holes, and touched up (again) where the paint came off (again).
Attempt three will be carried out using thin insulated wire stripped from the inside of a piece of multicore cable I found I had in a parts box (no idea what it was from - I kept it because it might come in usefull one day).
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Are the lines/wires subjected to stresses?
If not, why don't you try white glue? If won't melt your vinil (*) and in my experience will keep together most materials.

(*) I am not sure about AUSTRALIAN white glues...
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

kerick

I've used the black wires from old ear phones.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Fred have ya thought of using home electrical cable..it comes in many gages..bloody easy to work with but personally I like using hair ties ya get from the $2 dollar shops..cheap as chips and flexible as hell ..dozens of colours to and sizes.
And they even look like pipes or cables.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Didn't think to change the glue.   :banghead:

But I plumbed it with thin electrical wire today which so far hasn't failed.
It's very very nearly finished but really needs a base to do it justice.  However, i'll make one later after the GB has finished so it should be photographed and in the finished builds thread by the end of the week.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Wardukw

:thumbsup:
Am seriously looking forward to this mate  ;D

Mossie

Reminds me of Sy Snootles.

You cannot view this attachment.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Yes, I see the resemblance.
 :thumbsup:
Fred

kerick

Quote from: Mossie on May 28, 2023, 03:01:12 PMReminds me of Sy Snootles.

You cannot view this attachment.

A face only a mother could love!
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Zlody - Venus Lander

Papers from a joint Soviet/PDRV committee for extra-planetary expansion were recently declassified and released for the edification of the people.
Dating from the mid fifties, amongst the proposals studied by the committee was a manned mission to Venus by the end of the decade.

Venus Lander - 13 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The proposal was passed to the Victorian Aerospace Development Group (generally referred to as the 'Spacies' rather than by their slightly unfortunate acronym) who put together a set of project plans entitled voskhod Lyutsifera (восход Люцифера - Lucifer Rising).  These plans revolved around nuclear powered launch vehicles transporting the materials into orbit to build an interplanetary cruiser which would also be nuclear powered.  Once the cruiser achieved Venusian orbit tripod landers would descend to map and survey the planetary surface.

Venus Lander - 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Venus Lander - 18 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The tripod landers were named Zlody (злодей - fiend) and would descend and ascend on tails of flame.  Each would have a crew of two veneranauts and a pair of manipulator arms, one tipped with a scanner/sniffer/prodder head, the other with a manipulator claw.

Venus Lander - 2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Venus Lander - 17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Included in the project portfolio produced by the Spacies were artists impressions of the proposed vehicles.  This model is based upon those paintings accurately representing their ideas.  Including the colour scheme - they obviously thought giraffe skin was an appropriate scheme for Venus.

The Model.

1/620 scale Dogmac by Aoshima scaleoramaed into 1/72.
Feet replaced with 1/24 Tamiya mini wheels.
Pilot and astrodomes added from parts boxes.
Arms are Gundam (Zaku) parts.

Here with scale reference TRG minifig.

Venus Lander - 19 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

PR19_Kit

And you still managed it by the original end date for the GB.  :thumbsup:

Or maybe it isn't in Oz?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Steel Penguin

wonderful  :thumbsup:
and sounds wonderfully 50s as well
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!