Zlody - Venus Lander. Finished pics pages 5 & 7.

Started by zenrat, March 12, 2023, 04:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

kerick

Definitely 1950s B movie greatness! And the camo is inspired. Also the scale duplicate of the Venus landscape is perfect!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Love that build...totally different from the norm and extremely cool 😎
 ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Thanks folks.

The base is a piece of slate left over from our patio.  It'll get built up a touch at one end (I have been experimenting with the effect of thinners on expanded polystyrene) and gain some Venusian vegetation.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Quote from: zenrat on June 01, 2023, 03:05:48 AMThanks folks.

The base is a piece of slate left over from our patio.  It'll get built up a touch at one end (I have been experimenting with the effect of thinners on expanded polystyrene) and gain some Venusian vegetation.

Find some weeds, pull them out of the ground, wash off the dirt, cut off the tops, turn them upside down and glue to the base for that alien look......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

AeroplaneDriver

Very effective use of the slate for a base.  Love it. 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Weaver

Always thought a Dogmac was what you got when you pointed to a dog in a Chinese McDonalds...

Anyway, nice model Fred - love the paint scheme! :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

killnoizer

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

buzzbomb

Really great work. The colour scheme makes it pop

zenrat

Thanks folks.  Basic structure of the base is done.  Just needs dressing.
Fred

Old Wombat

Yes, an undressed base can be rather unsightly! :o  :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est