Welcome to the 2023 Whiffie Awards Show

Started by TomZ, March 12, 2023, 11:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

I will add my congrats to all the nominees and winners and also to Tom for doing a great job taking over the mantle of MiniMaster of Ceremonies.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

zenrat

Good job Tom.
Well done everyone.
And thank you all.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Robomog

Well slap me down with a kipper and call me Kevin,  I won a whiffy !

:drink:  :cheers:

I was honoured to be nominated but a win is the cherry on the cake

Thanks for the votes and thanks to Tomz for organising

See you next year dudes   :thumbsup:

Mog
>^-.-^<
Mostly harmless ...............

DogfighterZen

So... i won a Whiffie...  :o  :party:  :drink:
i do remember hearing someone calling my name but i'd already had a few drinks and thought it was someone at the bar so that's where i went... and stayed for the rest of the night... or at least that's what i think happened but, that doesn't explain why i've been cleaning glitter from inside my nose for the last couple of days, why the pants i was wearing are ripped to shreds like i was attacked by a wild animal and how my leather jacket lost its sleeves... BTW, thank you to whoever brought me home, hope i didn't make a mess in your car.  :rolleyes: :wacko:  ;D

Now seriously, a big thank you to Tom for all the work in organizing the show, great stuff!!  :bow:
Congrats to all who are a part of this wacky family, we have a great thing going here! The level of work and the diversity of ideas are extraordinary so it's an honor just to be nominated, and even more so to win a category. Thank you all for the inspiration and for making this forum such a healthy community. :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

rickshaw

Hic!  Hic!  Congrats to all the wonderful entries and to Tom for putting on a grand show!  Hic!  EXcuse my Wombat, he's just having a crap.  It must be what I gave him to drink.  He does the most wonderful square craps, you know?  Hic!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Please excuse my South Antipodean friend, someone gave him Earl Grey instead of the prescribed Darjeeling. :banghead:

By the way, they are rounded-edged cubic No.2's, thank you, not "square", they have a third dimension, & no, I don't know how it's done, not my field of expertise. :rolleyes:

Besides, I don't do No.2's in public, so, if there's a wombat doin' nasties on the floor, it ain't me! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

FAR148

Stan in YUL

Another great show!  Congrats to both nominated and winners.

rickshaw

Quote from: Old Wombat on March 15, 2023, 06:58:37 AMPlease excuse my South Antipodean friend, someone gave him Earl Grey instead of the prescribed Darjeeling. :banghead:

Earl Grey?  Total crap!  Darjeeling?  Total crap!  Give me coffee, everytime!

QuoteBy the way, they are rounded-edged cubic No.2's, thank you, not "square", they have a third dimension, & no, I don't know how it's done, not my field of expertise. :rolleyes:

Besides, I don't do No.2's in public, so, if there's a wombat doin' nasties on the floor, it ain't me! :thumbsup:

Wasn't a reference to you, me old china!  I was talking about the nice little furry chappie, over there in the corner, where he's gnawing on something!  Hic!  :thumbsup:

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

It was the capitalised "Wombat" that had me thinking you were referring to me. ;)  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Pellson

a) A gentleman will prefer tea over coffee every time
b) who brought badgers to the prize table?
c) I'm quite impressed by the field this year, and even more of some (most) of the winners. The latter category can rest assured that the means transferred made all the difference ;) ..
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Devilfish

Thank you for all the nominations, and the two wins.  Watch this space for a few changes to the Bomcorde (well, not THIS space, but the appropriate thread...

Can I thank whoever nominated my Skymaster for best single prop.  As much as I appreciate the nomination, I feel I would have cheated if I'd won, as it has TWO... ;D

TomZ

Quote from: Devilfish on March 21, 2023, 05:38:44 AMCan I thank whoever nominated my Skymaster for best single prop.  As much as I appreciate the nomination, I feel I would have cheated if I'd won, as it has TWO... ;D

I'm afraid this was my mistake. I noticed the error only after the poll had gone up, so I couldn't change it anymore.
I did get a PM about this from an attentive member later on.
If it makes you feel better, you are not alone. Last year I put Kit's ambulance Lightning in the multi jet category, as lightnings normally have two engines.
But of course Kit's only had one  ;D  ;D

Lesson for next time: Check number of exhausts and props better!

TomZ
Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

frank2056

Thanks for the award, everyone! the French guy at the helicopter says "Merci beaucoup, mes amis"

UhuFin

Congratulations to nominated and winners! And Thanks for awards! ;D I was very surprised!  :wub: