FINISHED IT 1/35th Sd.Kfz. 173/4 (1. Serie) ‘Sturmpanther’, early 1945 😁

Started by Wardukw, March 17, 2023, 03:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Turely inspired by Dizzys build im gonna steal this idea and even it's name..but this one is not a SD.Kfz 173/2..this is the Sd.Kfz 173/4...has a longer gun  ;D
It's perfectly plausible in the RW but it's far better as a wiffy.
As I said in Dizzys post I've built quite a few Panthers over the centuries and I'm bored to tears with em and even many of the Paper Panzers are pretty boring with just a gun mounted on top of the Panthers hull.

The moment I saw this that disappeared and the idea was set in stone..Dizzys created a real beauty here and I want one too ..so using my Meng Ausf A as the stater I'm gonna build this beast.
So it's not a total rip off from Thomas's build ..like mentioned above ..a longer gun..and maybe a remote 20mm cannon aswell for harder hitting defense..don't know yet ..we'll see how that goes.
Should be some pics next week.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

OK this is how it is gents..it's built and undercoated.
I'm going to go with Dizzys paint job as this machine is in the same unit as Dizzys.
The main difference is the gun ive chosen for my verison ..the guns is a lightened Italian Obice da 210/220 Modello 35 210mm /8in gun for that bit of extra up close firepower .
It's a different design to Dizzys but it's still follows Dizzys lines .
The crew have up armoured their machine with added tracks to the front and mesh side armour to protect them from bazooka rds as this machine is more of a urban fighting vehicle than a main tank to tank combat vehicle.
This machine can also be used for laying artillery rds down range as fire support as the Modello 35 is a full blown artillery piece ..towed artillery in fact .
Pics will follow soon chaps .
Should be throwing some dark yellow paint at it tomorrow.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

;D  :lol: remember  I was laid out for a week matey and I've been catching up ever since..now I'm doing some damage 🙃 😅

NARSES2

Nice to see some of these Italian pieces finding their way onto German armour  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Thanks mate 😀
This was purely one of those "hey this will work " sort of deals and here's one for ya and I'll bet something you don't see here much or at all.
The barrel for this thing is a real gun barrel ..it's from a MK23 SOCOM .45 CAL handgun ..a airsoft one  :lol:
I used to do custom builds for airsoft players and yes I used tonplay it too.
They fire a 6mm plastic pallet and when built right I could hit you at 120mtrs ..that's knowledge matey  ;)
I needed a real gun to match this model one and after a wee bit of looking found the Modello 35..
The barrel is extremely close to the real thing..yup that will do  :thumbsup:  ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Dizzyfugu

Wardukw

Wardukw

It's painted and glossed ready for pin washes and weathering.
Pics should be up tomorrow gents .

Wardukw

Tomorrow you'll get to see what your build inspired Thomas mate..im getting this 50s GB plane finished which won't take much longer..there's a heap of weathering on this ..nows that's not gonna be a five minute job I can tell ya 😉   ;D

zenrat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 10, 2023, 12:12:53 PMIt's painted and glossed ready for pin washes and weathering.

Already?!

You have been inspired by Dizz haven't you.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on April 11, 2023, 02:50:26 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 10, 2023, 12:12:53 PMIt's painted and glossed ready for pin washes and weathering.

Already?!

You have been inspired by Dizz haven't you.

Yup matey I have  ;)
It's nice to have something sitting around with no idea what to do with it and then bang!!...there it is and Dizzys build made that happen  :thumbsup: