DSCF4117 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4118 by Phill Harrison, on FlickrDSCF4121 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4124 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4127 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4128 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4134 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4136 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
DSCF4137 by Phill Harrison, on Flickr
Thats it for now ..weathering will start very shortly chaps and i think im gonna enjoy that .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

Those tracks! I'm going to have nightmares on your behalf, Phill!

Wardukw

Guys guys it's dead easy..ya just have to glue one link to another and then put on 2 guide horns for each track link..200:000 FRECKING TIMES !!!!
God I wish I had some metal tracks for this..would have been dead easy then .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

"Oh my what a big gun and mantlet you have grandma"  ;D  Looking really good sir  :thumbsup:

Quote from: frank2056 on April 11, 2023, 07:04:46 PMThose tracks! I'm going to have nightmares on your behalf, Phill!

Absolutely  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Hahaha seriously it's not that bad..only took about hour and a half to do both sides..admittedly I've done this many many times so it don't take me long anymore ....it's not like I'll go out of my way to use these tracks but in today's world it's so common ya can't really avoid them ...still better than rubber ones  ;)

Dizzyfugu

That looks massive! But cool.  :mellow:

I esp. like the wire/nets on the casemate'*s flanks, very good.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 12, 2023, 12:26:48 AMHahaha seriously it's not that bad..only took about hour and a half to do both sides..admittedly I've done this many many times so it don't take me long anymore

My eyes and fingers just wouldn't be able to co-operate long enough I'm afraid. :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on April 12, 2023, 02:18:34 AMThat looks massive! But cool.  :mellow:

I esp. like the wire/nets on the casemate'*s flanks, very good.  :thumbsup:
Thanks Thomas mate  ;D .
I really liked the profile of yours and that's what I tried to go for but with the 8in/210mm gun
it had to go taller ..working on RW issues inside the casemate ..elevation and depression..wouldn't have been any room to do much of either so a little taller and I got what I was looking for  ;D
The mesh side armour is real steel mesh made from a very cheap Chinese made flour sifter and it was exactly what I wanted..scale wise..fly screen mesh is to big and I still have enough left to do 2 to 3 more tanks 😀
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 12, 2023, 07:12:57 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 12, 2023, 12:26:48 AMHahaha seriously it's not that bad..only took about hour and a half to do both sides..admittedly I've done this many many times so it don't take me long anymore

My eyes and fingers just wouldn't be able to co-operate long enough I'm afraid. :-\
I'll get there to for sure Chris..im already having problems with my left hand getting weaker making it harder to hold things..it's why I'm avoiding things like tool clamps for my tanks..still won't stop me trying before I say F it and just leave as is  :lol:

buzzbomb

Well that is imposing. :o Certainly changes the shape of the Panther.
Like what you have done with a really nice build

Wardukw

Thank ya Buzzy mate  ;D
I can't wait to get back into this..I think it might turn out really well.

Wardukw

Don't  expect to see this finished anytime soon...the tracks are now in pieces smashed to bits and thrown in the in the bin.
No matter how gently you handle em they don't stop breaking apart because Meng being the stupid dick heads made the pins so small that once glued they then become weaker and weaker .
It's replacement time with metal .

Wardukw

Might not be white metal as finding em is hens teeth ...so I'm looking for a workable set, be it plastic or resin and it looks like BNA just the ticket.
Rye Field models do a workable set for a little over $45nz ..BNAs Friulmodel tracks are cheap at $55nz and like normal..out of stock .
Bloody typical these days.
There is white metal sets out there and priced pretty nicely ..I only really concern is their from Aliexpress and I haven't heard anything good about them..have you guys heard anything good about em ?

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 21, 2023, 10:51:21 PMThere is white metal sets out there and priced pretty nicely ..I only really concern is their from Aliexpress and I haven't heard anything good about them..have you guys heard anything good about em ?

No, quite the opposite, in fact. :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Well things are going progress a wee bit faster than I expected.
Been looking for workable tracks for this thing and I found these.
Heavy Hobby/Voyager PT-35007 1/35 Panther Late Version Tracks and it seems their workable and the best part is there here in nz on trademe for a very similar price as BNA .
So I'll try em and see.