South Downs Model Show 29th April

Started by NARSES2, March 19, 2023, 02:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

South Downs Model Show Saturday 29th April

I know it's the same weekend as the Scottish Nationals, but it is at the other end of the country  ;D  Thinking of taking the train down, it's just over the hour from East Croydon, and having a potter. There's some nice pubs down that neck of the woods as well. depends on weather and any rail strikes though.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

So Worthing then.

My folks are near there.  Dad might like to go.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

NARSES2

Touching all wood going the trains are looking good,  although it is the Bank Holiday weekend, so aiming to get there just after 10:00 am  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

Freightdog862

Hoping to drop in. Went last year, its smallish (bit like the Guideline London show) but a very friendly bunch. Only 45 mins from home to which is a rare event for a model show.

Colin

kitbasher

See you all there, then!

I will be walking (venue a mile and a half from my daughter's).
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on April 17, 2023, 12:20:46 PMI will be walking (venue a mile and a half from my daughter's).

Children have some use I see  ;)  :angel:

Quote from: Freightdog862 on April 17, 2023, 11:04:09 AMOnly 45 mins from home to which is a rare event for a model show.

Colin

Yup, I can do it in just over the hour and I don't have to go into and then out of London again, which is a bonus  :thumbsup:

kitbasher

Nice and friendly local show, good chance to meet up with Messrs Edwards and Strachan.  A few whifs on show (pics either tomorrow or Monday) and we may have recruited a new forum member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Yup a very nice and friendly show. Had a really good time and a couple of buys, plus of course catching up with Dave and Colin  :thumbsup:

There was a lad there with some really fantastic large scale ship models, 1/350th, including a fair few whiff 's.  One he was currently working on was an upgraded KG V, as if she'd be refitted in the 50's, looked very impressive as did his collection of carriers.  :thumbsup:

Freightdog862

Quote from: kitbasher on April 29, 2023, 10:40:26 AMNice and friendly local show, good chance to meet up with Messrs Edwards and Strachan.  A few whifs on show (pics either tomorrow or Monday) and we may have recruited a new forum member.

Likewise, and good to see Robert (Rolead) there to on the IPMS West Kent stand. A pleasant few hours by the Sea (although I didn't see it, I'm pretty sure it wasn't far away).

Colin

kitbasher

Numerous examples of whimsy and whiffery yesterday in Worthing:
You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.
You cannot view this attachment. You cannot view this attachment.

Plus this fantastic scratch-built 1/48 EE P.1:

kitbasher

And the best possible way to transport chocolate gateau and a couple of cuppas!