1/48 marine Mig-17 with folded wings FINISHED!

Started by wacek85, March 28, 2023, 01:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wacek85

Hello,

Today I've bought 1/48 Mig-17PFU along with Djiti's Productions pilot, Eduard seatbelts and Master gun barrels to make a model which coulldn't get out of my head for a long time - marine Mig-17 with folded wings, tailhook and bigger exhaust. Of course I will give it polish markings and scheme used in Polish Marine Aviation but only once on one plane which was TS-11 Iskra R "Novax" - blue topside, light grey bottom.

I think I'll place it on small base resembling Kolobrzeg Bagicz airbase (which in real world was used by soviets to 1991).
First photos soon...

VincentC

Why not go one step further and invent a Polish Aircraft Carrier and make a base showing a piece of flight deck?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

wacek85

Quote from: VincentC on March 28, 2023, 02:41:47 PMWhy not go one step further and invent a Polish Aircraft Carrier and make a base showing a piece of flight deck?

Because every polish harbour is too small and shallow for aircraft carrier😁 And I want to use existing infrastructure. There is a lot of unused airbases in Poland...

Old Wombat

So, the Polish version of the Deutsche Marine's Marineflieger. Cool! :mellow:  :thumbsup:

The Polska Marynarka Wojenna's Lotnictwo morskie(?). ;)

[(?): I hope I got the Polish right on that. :unsure: ]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: wacek85 on March 29, 2023, 01:44:08 AM
Quote from: VincentC on March 28, 2023, 02:41:47 PMWhy not go one step further and invent a Polish Aircraft Carrier and make a base showing a piece of flight deck?

Because every polish harbour is too small and shallow for aircraft carrier😁 And I want to use existing infrastructure. There is a lot of unused airbases in Poland...

An Air Cushion Aircraft Carrier would solve the depth issue.   ;)
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

VincentC

Quote from: wacek85 on March 29, 2023, 01:44:08 AM

Details... Just dig out Dzinów and the lake behind it.  :wacko:

wacek85

Missile pylons in this kit are nightmare to install. Need to repaint bottom side of wings :(

Old Wombat

Looking really good! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

The pilot figure is excellent! :bow:

sandiego89

Wow, that nose is ugly!  Perfect!

Great color! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

wacek85

Thanks a lot :)

Now it looks like below. I have to wait for another set of Smer Mig-17PFU to "borrow" missile pylons...

Old Wombat

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rheged

That is a very accomplished piece of whiffery.  Well done!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet