Avro Ar. E555 Twin W-Bomber

Started by Vulcan7, April 02, 2023, 06:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

A little progress, also added lead as this will be a wheels down for a change. Had to find some small pilots, co-pilots would have to be leg-less!  ;D

You cannot view this attachment.
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Wardukw

A double America bomber is cool no matter which way you look at it  :thumbsup:.
It's gonna be even more impressive sitting on her wheels too.
The question is way can model designers pretty much always get the outsides looking pretty much bang on yet they never seem to get the cockpits even close to correct..they probably think that since you can't really see it so what's the point..oh and cost of course.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 04, 2023, 10:34:28 AMnever seem to get the cockpits even close to correct..

I'll try & paint the instruments, none of its glued in yet, I'll need the eye gear the Cleaner/restorer has in Toy Story 2 to do the dials  :o  ;D
(I'ts not going to be competition entry level though....more like hanging from my ceiling level  ;D )

Wardukw

Mate when it comes to painting cockpits I hate every part of it as my electron microscope broke and I've gotta wear glasses  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Remember, the model companies can't build the shell of the model to scale thinness, so they have to cram a cockpit into what space they have & the smaller the scale the worse the problem.

1/48 cockpits are, for the most part, pretty good, though. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 04, 2023, 07:16:36 PMRemember, the model companies can't build the shell of the model to scale thinness, so they have to cram a cockpit into what space they have & the smaller the scale the worse the problem.

1/48 cockpits are, for the most part, pretty good, though. ;)
Ahhhh yeah I'd forgotten about scale thickness and I'll admit I've seen a heap of amazing 48th cockpits...bigger is better after all  ;D

Tophe

:wub:
Congratulations for this new twin-plane! :thumbsup:
Even if this is not a twin-boomer but a twin-pod flying wing... :-\  ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Vulcan7

wheels on, (they all rotate, which is nice) ready for canopy masking & more paint..... did my best with interior, not great but with canopy on you'd need a magnifying glass to see most of it... well I would  ;D

Wardukw

Tophe

The picture of this twin-bomber targetting Manhattan makes me think of the Twin-towers, that would have been able to resist such a threat but not another one :-\

Vulcan7

Quote from: Tophe on April 09, 2023, 07:30:13 PMThe picture of this twin-bomber targetting Manhattan makes me think of the Twin-towers, that would have been able to resist such a threat but not another one :-\

My build is a captured/plans British version so NY would have been safe  ;D  :thumbsup: (the boxes were just for kit info & to hide the rest of the dining table  ;D  :thumbsup: )

Tophe

Vulcan7

painted ready for decals and not sure about whether to do weathering & panel lines....