Avro Ar. E555 Twin W-Bomber

Started by Vulcan7, April 02, 2023, 06:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

That looks great mate but I would definitely at least give that a pin wash..will break up all that one colour ..give that shape better definition  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Quote from: Vostoc7 on April 02, 2023, 06:21:55 AMW-Bomber because of the plan view shape  ;D )
It is easier to understand in my French language (instead of English language, standard here) because we call W "double-V", not "double-U"... ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Just ready for a couple of Me-262s or He-162s on the backs of them.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 13, 2023, 04:04:33 PMJust ready for a couple of Me-262s or He-162s on the backs of them.  ;D

Ah, but it's RAF Kit. So maybe a Vampire or 2 or even a DH 108 Swallow ?  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 14, 2023, 05:37:24 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 13, 2023, 04:04:33 PMJust ready for a couple of Me-262s or He-162s on the backs of them.  ;D

Ah right, a couple of 108s would look REALLY good.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 13, 2023, 01:49:07 PMThat looks great mate but I would definitely at least give that a pin wash..will break up all that one colour ..give that shape better definition  ;D

sorry mate excuse my ignorance but when you say pin wash...is that a thin weathering wash? ....I need to research my advanced modelling techniques lingo  ;D  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Vulcan7

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 14, 2023, 08:05:37 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 14, 2023, 05:37:24 AM

Ah right, a couple of 108s would look REALLY good.

DH 108 Swallow's would be fantastic but they are a bit pricey? ....maybe some captured He 162's or Me 162's ?

Vulcan7

Quote from: Tophe on April 13, 2023, 02:03:26 PM
Quote from: Vostoc7 on April 02, 2023, 06:21:55 AMW-Bomber because of the plan view shape  ;D )
It is easier to understand in my French language (instead of English language, standard here) because we call W "double-V", not "double-U"... ;)

The W-Bomber is even more relevant in French then... double-V Bomber , perfect Merci beacoup! ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Quote from: Vostoc7 on April 14, 2023, 12:13:50 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 13, 2023, 01:49:07 PMThat looks great mate but I would definitely at least give that a pin wash..will break up all that one colour ..give that shape better definition  ;D

sorry mate excuse my ignorance but when you say pin wash...is that a thin weathering wash? ....I need to research my advanced modelling techniques lingo  ;D  :thumbsup:
Hahaha 😆.
OK yip there's a difference there for sure.
A pin wish using either thinned down oil paint or a dark acrylic paint is used to highlight all the panel gaps on the fuselage or tank..it brings out all the details you normally don't see.
Oils are brilliant for this as they thin very easily..I gloss varnish after a paint job so the decals stick better and the pin wash will flow along the gaps better..most sprayed paint is actually quite rough and a pin wash will flow but not well or cleanly.
Oils also give you a ton of work time..wont dry for days in some cases and it's easy to clean with turpentine..love the stuff..the range from Ammo is super easy to work with ...im using it on mu 50s GB.

A wash ..well you know what that is  ;D  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

There's also great vids on YouTube about it..check Night Shift..Martin is brilliant at pin washes..does it in his tank builds but if course thats fine with planes too 😀

Vulcan7

Thats a great help many thanks  Wardukw-NZ  :thumbsup: .I'll check out the vids & I should really save up for a decent airbrush & compressor next...ouch!  ;D

Wardukw

Oh mate you could scare yourself silly with the prices of airbrushes put there.
I use one which cost $20 NZ and it works quite well..I did buy some extra needles and tips which also cost bugger all.
Luckily I brought a compressor which cost me $160nz years ago ..it's has all the goodies ..pressure guage and a tank ..now tho..holy poop pickles man..they same type is over $600 here now  :o
I did see this Iwata brush I liked and then saw the price ..$1270Nz 🫨

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 14, 2023, 09:12:53 PMsame type is over $600 here now  :o
I did see this Iwata brush I liked and then saw the price ..$1270Nz 🫨

Think I'll stick with spray cans & the occasional compressed air can with my budget airbrush for now ...and good old fashioned paint brushes  ;D  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Yeah bloody good idea matey  :thumbsup:
I still buy brushes..can't paint everything with a airbrush.
Mate I'd be very happy with a cheap Iwata airbrush but their cheap ones are still over $120 NZ  :lol: