Monogram P-51B Mustang oldie

Started by kerick, April 03, 2023, 11:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

A little touch up painting and done..
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on May 12, 2023, 09:36:51 AMA little touch up painting and done..
Awesome stuff bud 😀
Now thou this does raise a question..is this the longest start to actually finished build on our site or can some one do better ?  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

I'm not actually finished yet, soooo......
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Ahhh maybe not good sir but we can pose my question later  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Wrapped up the 33 year old Mustang today! Talk about finally getting around to finishing a build! Not too shabby. I might experiment airbrushing on some exhaust stains and gun residue. There will be a NMF stablemate that I started about the same time. Thank heavens for the Super/Micro Scale decals I bought several years ago.

I lost the wing landing light part so I'll have to think of a replacement
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Well worth the wait matey 😀
I wouldn't say snails pace.. I'd say it got more refined with age  :wacko:
Looks awesome 👌 😊

DogfighterZen

Looks very good, Ken! Congrats for finishing it!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

2996 Victor

That's looking stunning! There's something special about a razorback Mustang in camo, and your build has captured that "something" perfectly!

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

Dizzyfugu

A pretty classic - very retro!  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

That's a great finish for an old relic! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

Thanks everyone!
Now to get to work on the other one!
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 16, 2023, 03:02:00 AMThat's a great finish for an old relic! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
I can't decide if your talking about the model or Ken  :o
 <_<