Site Activity And Changing Times...

Started by AeroplaneDriver, April 05, 2023, 09:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 06, 2023, 09:21:31 PMI think most of the regulars here are, in many ways, refugees for the Social Media world & are generally happy with the status quo ante.

Well said. We're probably a nice whiffing asylum!  ;D

zenrat

Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 06, 2023, 01:30:42 PM...@ Fred - Brad C's normally active on FB. I've spoken to him a few times on messenger and told him to come by just to let us know he's ok but nothing since then and that was just a over a year ago... he seems to be doing ok... but i haven't seen any models or comments on the groups he used to frequent there so i guess he took a break or simply dropped the hobby. :-\

Thanks mate.   :thumbsup:

Quote from: uncletain on April 06, 2023, 04:22:03 PMThought I would add my 2 pennies worth.

First time posting

About 15 years lurking.

I love this site, I check for new posts daily, love reading everyone's modelling journeys but most of all I love looking at all the pictures of your marvellous creations. It cheers my day.
At some point I'll join in and show  some of my whiffs, only done a couple in the 15 years  but in the meantime please keep doing what you are doing. You might not realise the joy you being to other people.

Hello and welcome.
Do you vote in the polls?
IMO as a spectator (a long term spectator) your input is as valid as those of us who choose to partake.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

uncletain

Quote from: zenrat on April 07, 2023, 05:59:44 AM
Quote from: DogfighterZen on April 06, 2023, 01:30:42 PM...@ Fred - Brad C's normally active on FB. I've spoken to him a few times on messenger and told him to come by just to let us know he's ok but nothing since then and that was just a over a year ago... he seems to be doing ok... but i haven't seen any models or comments on the groups he used to frequent there so i guess he took a break or simply dropped the hobby. :-\

Quote from: uncletain on April 06, 2023, 04:22:03 PMThought I would add my 2 pennies worth.

First time posting

About 15 years lurking.

I love this site, I check for new posts daily, love reading everyone's modelling journeys but most of all I love looking at all the pictures of your marvellous creations. It cheers my day.
At some point I'll join in and show  some of my whiffs, only done a couple in the 15 years  but in the meantime please keep doing what you are doing. You might not realise the joy you being to other people.

Hello and welcome.
IMO as a spectator (a long term spectator) your input is as valid as those of us who choose to partake.

I haven't but I will from now on.

Tentatively dipping my toe in the water in being active in a forum.
All new to me as I haven't done it before.

kitbasher

Quote from: uncletain on April 07, 2023, 06:36:09 AM

First time posting

About 15 years lurking.

Hello and welcome.

We don't bite 😉
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Or we're Australian - it's kind of expected around here. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AeroplaneDriver

First time posting

About 15 years lurking.

Welcome to being an active member! 

Looking forward to seeing your builds when you decide to post them! 
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

The Wooksta!

Quote from: kitbasher on April 07, 2023, 06:44:11 AM
Quote from: uncletain on April 07, 2023, 06:36:09 AM

First time posting

About 15 years lurking.

Hello and welcome.

We don't bite 😉

Speak for yourselves. I do bite.

When I can be bothered...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

rickshaw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 07, 2023, 06:54:36 AM
Quote from: kitbasher on April 07, 2023, 06:44:11 AMWe don't bite 😉

Well, not usually anyway.  ;D

Only the members from Downunder bear a venomous outcome...   :o  :wacko:  ;)
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Hobbes

After a number of years where I was very active on the forum, reading almost every thread, and commenting frequently, my activity here has declined. I've seen the same pattern with other forums I use.
The number of things I'm interested in has increased, so more stuff to divide my time over. Youtube has become a major time sink. I'm not happy with that, but it's proving a hard habit to break.

I still visit the forum every day, but I don't read everything any more. The shift to blog-type threads that are 100 pages long has made it more difficult to keep up to date.
Mental health plays a role - work pressure has gone up in recent years. Too many nights when I don't feel like doing anything. I still feel part of the community though.

NARSES2

Quote from: Hobbes on April 09, 2023, 09:59:13 AMMental health plays a role - work pressure has gone up in recent years. Too many nights when I don't feel like doing anything. I still feel part of the community though.

Even though it was 15 or so years ago, I know exactly where you're coming from Harro.  Take care of yourself mate  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 10, 2023, 05:03:46 AM
Quote from: Hobbes on April 09, 2023, 09:59:13 AMMental health plays a role - work pressure has gone up in recent years. Too many nights when I don't feel like doing anything. I still feel part of the community though.

Even though it was 15 or so years ago, I know exactly where you're coming from Harro.  Take care of yourself mate  :thumbsup:
Hobbes mate you get yourself good buddy as best as you can ..trust me I'm the same ..not only mental but physically as well..my ol RSM used to say this to some of the who were having it hard.
Clear your mind and your arse will follow.. bloody works mate  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kitbasher

Quote from: Hobbes on April 09, 2023, 09:59:13 AMI still visit the forum every day, but I don't read everything any more. The shift to blog-type threads that are 100 pages long has made it more difficult to keep up to date.
Mental health plays a role - work pressure has gone up in recent years. Too many nights when I don't feel like doing anything. I still feel part of the community though.

Stay strong, Harro.  You're a top supporter of our branch of the hobby, have been for many years.

Yeah, there's tons of posts to go through but we're all selective in what we read.  And as for work pressures, we totally understand what you mean - most of us have been there at some point so can sympathise.  The key thing is that you still feel part of the community, which is the most important thing.

Like Robert Duvall in Apocalypse Now would say about his modelling - you love the smell of Humbrol Liquid Poly in the morning!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: kitbasher on April 11, 2023, 12:24:20 AMYeah, there's tons of posts to go through but we're all selective in what we read

Speak for yourself  ;)