Sucker for punishment? Eagle Tempest. Finished Pics Pg 7 and Pg 8.

Started by zenrat, April 06, 2023, 03:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Given my experience building one of KP's Tempests OOB I may come to regret this.
I am however hoping that as most of the problems involved, or were caused by the cowling then replacing it with Colin's Resin may improve things.
We'll see.
Not decided on the user yet but Central/Latin America is a possibility.

Eagle Tempest Start by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Maybe an updated Cuban variant? Tempests are quite compatible with C-130 nacelles!

buzzbomb

Yep, nice one to try out.

I have the Eagle powered Wyvern Prototype somewhere in a box. That was a resin kit.
Pretty sure you can do some Zen magic with this build

The Wooksta!

The CMR Eagle Wyvern is a superb kit and a very easy build.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2023, 03:59:37 AMGiven my experience building one of KP's Tempests OOB I may come to regret this.
I am however hoping that as most of the problems involved, or were caused by the cowling then replacing it with Colin's Resin may improve things.
We'll see.

Good to see there's another Yahu fan on the site

The KP Mk V/VI are nice builds, I've built a couple. It's the engine/cowling that screw up the Mk II  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 06, 2023, 05:27:28 AMThe CMR Eagle Wyvern is a superb kit and a very easy build.

Good to know Lee, I've never got around to building mine.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

I've got the top coat on but it stalled after that.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 06, 2023, 06:40:23 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 06, 2023, 03:59:37 AMGiven my experience building one of KP's Tempests OOB I may come to regret this.
We'll see.

Good to see there's another Yahu fan on the site

The KP Mk V/VI are nice builds, I've built a couple. It's the engine/cowling that screw up the Mk II  :-\

Yahu IPs save time and give much better result than I can usually be bothered to get.  My problem is I forget which kits i've got them for so there are boxes with two sets in.  :banghead:

Bit more on this today.  Working on getting the resin nose/leading edge piece to fit.
KPs instructions tell you to glue the UC gear bay liners to the wing underside piece.  I have found it better to glue them to the tops as there are moulded details to align them to.
Colins instructions do not mention trimming off the piece of underwing which juts forwards in the centre.  But it's obvious you have to do so at the same time as you trim off the flanges KP put there for the kits leading edge parts to attach to.  You don't need to shave off all the flange from inside the wings.  Just trim what sticks forwards.  Leaving the inside section will actually give a slightly larger surface for the resin part to adhere to.  I shaved one of the longer lengths off before I realised this so I will glue something back on with styrene cement in order to strengthen the join.
So far I have managed not to trim or sand too much off both on the kit and the resin parts.  Unusual for me.  I must be improving...
Cockpit interior is black sidewalls with a green floor.  Not sure how accurate this is but its a small hole to peer through and anyway the Yahu IP is black.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

IIRC the props are incorrectly marked up on the Freightdog set.

Contact Colin for the definitive comment but I recall him saying the casting blocks indicating rear props are in fact the front props.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 07, 2023, 06:21:30 AMYahu IPs save time and give much better result than I can usually be bothered to get.  My problem is I forget which kits i've got them for so there are boxes with two sets in.  :banghead:

I have a similar problem, so nowadays I put a sticky label on the kit box which lists any extras I have for it. Helps a lot, but I've still managed to buy a couple of sets I've already got  :banghead:

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 07, 2023, 07:48:03 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 07, 2023, 06:21:30 AMYahu IPs save time and give much better result than I can usually be bothered to get.  My problem is I forget which kits i've got them for so there are boxes with two sets in.  :banghead:

I have a similar problem, so nowadays I put a sticky label on the kit box which lists any extras I have for it. Helps a lot, but I've still managed to buy a couple of sets I've already got  :banghead:
See ya should be like me Chris ..being unable to really afford good stuff I can't forget I have it.
Works out rather well  :lol:  :lol:  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 07, 2023, 01:35:24 PMI have a similar problem, so nowadays I put a sticky label on the kit box which lists any extras I have for it. Helps a lot, but I've still managed to buy a couple of sets I've already got  :banghead:
See ya should be like me Chris ..being unable to really afford good stuff I can't forget I have it.
[/quote]

They're actually relatively inexpensive, at least here in the UK.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 08, 2023, 12:58:45 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 07, 2023, 01:35:24 PMI have a similar problem, so nowadays I put a sticky label on the kit box which lists any extras I have for it. Helps a lot, but I've still managed to buy a couple of sets I've already got  :banghead:

They're actually relatively inexpensive, at least here in the UK.
[/quote]
Oh it is here..say it's £20 quid there..that makes it $55 bucks here and then postage and it's closer to $70 ..so yeah it can get nuts here real fast.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

NARSES2

Ah right, your talking about the engine conversion rather than the Yahu sets ? I can see what you mean now, postage on a small package down under is daft  :-\

Wardukw

I'm talking about a 5 bladed propeller in 48th scale for a Spitfire..I could have brought 2 Academy Spitfires in 48th for the price ..it's mental mate.