Sucker for punishment? Eagle Tempest. Finished Pics Pg 7 and Pg 8.

Started by zenrat, April 06, 2023, 03:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

It's been said to me before so now it's my turn..pics please  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

;)

Tomorrow.

Paint is however being annoying.  Could be Vallejo acrylic not being totally compatible with Tamiya fine white primer, although that's been IME pretty non-reactive.  Both have in fact.
I'm hoping a gentle polish with a fine pad sorts it out so I can mask it for the topside.
I'm also drifting away from my planned chocolate brown over grey.  It'll still be Cuban but with a scheme of my own design.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2023, 04:51:52 AM;)

Could be Vallejo acrylic not being totally compatible with Tamiya fine white primer, although that's been IME pretty non-reactive.

I almost exclusively use Vallejo acrylic over Tamiya Fine White and never had an issue.  Interesting...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on May 11, 2023, 09:34:32 AM
Quote from: zenrat on May 11, 2023, 04:51:52 AM;)

Could be Vallejo acrylic not being totally compatible with Tamiya fine white primer, although that's been IME pretty non-reactive.

I almost exclusively use Vallejo acrylic over Tamiya Fine White and never had an issue.  Interesting...
Nick ..this seems to be a abit more common for some reason..ive had issues with paint misbehaving when it's exactly the same way I've always used em ...same primer everytime ..it's weird mate 🤔

I'm holding ya to that Fred  ;D  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Yertiz.  After sanding but before recoating.  I think I over thinned the paint.  It's Model Air which is supposed to be airbrush ready but I find I still often have to thin it some more.  Today I actually measured the thinners and flow enhancer rather than just slop them in and it went on a lot better.  Underside colour is USAF Light Grey which is more an off white its so pale.  Topside is light grey primer with fine white overspray and random mottling of USAF Light Grey.  When masked it will be base coated USAF Brown before getting some enhancements...

Eagle Tempest WIP 12-05-2023 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Eagle Tempest WIP 12-05-2023 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

I'll have to tackle the prop soon.  I've been putting it off.  I'm a bit wary of cutting the casting blocks off.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

buzzbomb

Very interesting shape, so getting to see this is full colours will be great. :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

With the prop added that's going to look VERY good.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

Yeah, but the eight blade prop looks much cooler.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"She's died?!?  Then how's she meant to get the shopping home?"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Bloody nice mate 👍
As mentioned it's a interesting shape for sure and I like it's brutal looks.
Can't wait for the colour  ;D

Dizzyfugu

It looks cool - in the view from above it has something Thunderbolt-ish, at least to me?  :o

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on May 13, 2023, 02:22:21 AMIt looks cool - in the view from above it has something Thunderbolt-ish, at least to me?  :o

Yep, i can see the N type... because of the wing, maybe?

This is looking great, Fred!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Thanks folks.

Topside painted.  Both sides cleared.  Ready for transfers.

I still have to tackle the prop.
Fred

AeroplaneDriver

A very sleek machine. can't wait to see it with the prop on.   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

First stage of transfers applied.  FAEC is pre-revolutionary Cuban Army Air Force.  Fuerza Aerea Ejercito de Cuba.
Transfers are from an Aztec Decals Juicy Jugs set for Central/Latin American Thunderbolts.  Which is why the rudder needs touch ups.

Eagle Tempest WIP 25-05-2023 03 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Eagle Tempest WIP 25-05-2023 02 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Eagle Tempest WIP 25-05-2023 01 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est