Sucker for punishment? Eagle Tempest. Finished Pics Pg 7 and Pg 8.

Started by zenrat, April 06, 2023, 03:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Thanks folks.
I suspect it will look less Italian with the bubble canopy in place.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Getting close.  Onto the fiddley bits.
Had trouble deciding on a spinner colour.  Yellow to match the numbers would have been the obvious choice but I wasn't confident I could match the shade before the deadline.
So i've gone with white.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

AeroplaneDriver

That is a gorgeous looking machine.   :wub:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

zenrat

Fred

Dizzyfugu

LOL, with the smoke ring cammo and the spinner in place it looks like an Italian WWII fighter, e .g. a Macchi M.C. 202?
Looks great!  :thumbsup:

buzzbomb

zenrat

I believe I have until tomorrow midnight local time to get pics into the finished builds thread.
Well unless something bad happens overnight (she's sitting on her legs - first time i've left her supporting herself for more than minutes) then all I have left to do is to smear on some weathering and add an antenna wire.
So I should make it.

Touch wood.
 :unsure:
Fred

Wardukw

:thumbsup:
Been waiting to see her on her feet  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

Done.  Weathering was rushed so she could do with a flick over with the old makeup brush I keep for such purposes (I left on too much pigment dust) but otherwise i'm calling her finished.

2hr 41min 14sec to deadline...

Back story to be edited in later.  :mellow:

Eagle Tempest - 3 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Eagle Tempest - 5 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Eagle Tempest - 14 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Eagle Tempest - 17 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

perttime

Great shapes!
The latest photos make it look more pale than some of the earlier ones. Do these do it justice?

zenrat

The Freightdog conversion improves this kit being as it has better fit that the original (Centaurus engine) kit parts.
Definitely an easier build than the OOB MkII.  So much so that I am considering building another with the second conversion set I have.
However, I also have thoughts about an Eagle Fury or an Eagle Typhoon.

Quote from: perttime on June 14, 2023, 04:28:54 AMGreat shapes!
The latest photos make it look more pale than some of the earlier ones. Do these do it justice?

Clear coat, lighting, weathering pigment, camera setting, or editing software could have that effect.  Photos are accurate IMO.  When I get time i'll set up Dadswell Bridge and take some more with a decent background.
Fred

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Old Wombat

It may be all British being operated by the Cubans but it looks SO Italian! :blink:

Great build, Fred, &, as Vostoc7 said, a thing of beauty! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est