GB's - The Way Ahead

Started by NARSES2, April 12, 2023, 07:54:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

If your dreams are anything like mine i'm not sure you should be taking suggestions from them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 22, 2023, 11:51:29 PMIf your dreams are anything like mine i'm not sure you should be taking suggestions from them.

Way to old for that sort of dream mate  :angel:  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

"I know the voices aren't real, but they have some fantastic ideas!"

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 23, 2023, 03:23:33 PM"I know the voices aren't real, but they have some fantastic ideas!"
Oh I wonder where you found that good Sir  :wacko:
I got mine of a old t shirt  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

I could get thrown off this site for repeating some of the things I have/had/saw on old T-shirts... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Wardukw

Quote from: Weaver on April 24, 2023, 04:13:04 AMI could get thrown off this site for repeating some of the things I have/had/saw on old T-shirts... :wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:
;D  ;D  :o
One of my fav t shirts ..well two of my favs had this written on em .
I can only please one person per day.
Today is not your day and tomorrow does not look good either .

Some people make people smile when they enter..many others make people smile when they leave.

;D

Weaver

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 24, 2023, 01:33:04 PMSome people make people smile when they enter..many others make people smile when they leave.

My next door neighbours have a variant of that on their front door!  ;D

At biker rallies there are stalls that will print any T-shirt you like, and give it you for free if they think they can sell more of that design and you give them permission.
One of the 'ladies' I used to hang out with had a T-shirt printed that said:

"I taught your boyfriend that thing you like."

One of the stalls had a range of T-shirts taking the proverbial out of Harley-Davidson. HD had a sense of humour failure over this and threatened to sue them if they continued using their name or anything remotely like their trademarks. This backfired spectacularly because the owner, now seriously hacked-off, created a whole fake brand called 'American Motorsickle' which was DEFINITELY NOT Harley-Davidson, but since, at the time, HD was the only American motorcycle manufacturer, it was still perfectly clear who they were making fun of, and HD could do sod-all about it.

One that I remember was:

"Nine out of ten American Motorsickles ever made are still on the road. The other one made it home eventually..."

Another one needs a bit of explanation for the non-bikers. A few year previously, HD had patented the distinctive exhaust note of their bikes in order to stop Yamaha (who are good at that sort of thing due to their musical instrument division) from copying it. In order to do so, they had to write down what the sound of the bikes was, and the official, written characterisation they came up with was:

"potato, potato, potato..."

Cue much merriment and jibes about agricultural machinery. The American Motorsickle T-shirt stall went one better though, with a T-shirt that read:

"If I ride my American Motorsickle in France, will it go 'pomme-de-terre, pomme-de-terre, pomme-de-terre' ?"

:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Wardukw

Quote from: Weaver on April 24, 2023, 06:58:20 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 24, 2023, 01:33:04 PMSome people make people smile when they enter..many others make people smile when they leave.

My next door neighbours have a variant of that on their front door!  ;D

At biker rallies there are stalls that will print any T-shirt you like, and give it you for free if they think they can sell more of that design and you give them permission.
One of the 'ladies' I used to hang out with had a T-shirt printed that said:

"I taught your boyfriend that thing you like."

One of the stalls had a range of T-shirts taking the proverbial out of Harley-Davidson. HD had a sense of humour failure over this and threatened to sue them if they continued using their name or anything remotely like their trademarks. This backfired spectacularly because the owner, now seriously hacked-off, created a whole fake brand called 'American Motorsickle' which was DEFINITELY NOT Harley-Davidson, but since, at the time, HD was the only American motorcycle manufacturer, it was still perfectly clear who they were making fun of, and HD could do sod-all about it.

One that I remember was:

"Nine out of ten American Motorsickles ever made are still on the road. The other one made it home eventually..."

Another one needs a bit of explanation for the non-bikers. A few year previously, HD had patented the distinctive exhaust note of their bikes in order to stop Yamaha (who are good at that sort of thing due to their musical instrument division) from copying it. In order to do so, they had to write down what the sound of the bikes was, and the official, written characterisation they came up with was:

"potato, potato, potato..."

Cue much merriment and jibes about agricultural machinery. The American Motorsickle T-shirt stall went one better though, with a T-shirt that read:

"If I ride my American Motorsickle in France, will it go 'pomme-de-terre, pomme-de-terre, pomme-de-terre' ?"

:wacko:  :wacko:  :wacko:

God I love the Nine out of ten American Motorsickles one..I want that to shirt for sure 😄
I've riden the odd Harley over the yrs and honestly I can't see why there liked so much..the nose..the rattling and how they vibrate sitting at the lights.
My 3/4 rice spec FJ 1200 Yamaha would obliterate Harleys..would start no matter the temp outside and idled smooth all the time...was so nice with a 160hp to play with  :wacko:
Like freaking normal there's plenty of t shirts I've had or seen and do ya think I can remember them when I want to ? Nope! ..head truma sucks man .

zenrat

There are motorcyclists, and there are harly davison riders.
Motorcyclists wave or nod back when an oncoming motorcyclist waves or nods to them.  harly davison rides glare at everyone.

I could go on but I am worried I might offend someone here who I had previously thought was an OK human being.

Mrs z used to have a tee shirt from the stall H mentioned which said "I may be fat but you are ugly and I can always diet".
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Wardukw

It's that arrogance of hardly riders which annoys me buts it's that bloody noise which pisses me off the most and we get plenty of those twats along the coast here.
Another thing I wonder about is how are so many gits afford these piles of crap..they are bloody expensive bikes here with some models being over $35 K ..now a Ducati can be up there and past that but it's a Ducati..a 1200 Monsta ...yes please  👍  ;D

I would quite happily grap a hardly with det cord and reduce it finely cut up pieces of scrap ..at 21.000fps  :wacko:

Weaver

'Hardly Movingson' is another alternative brand I remember from back in the day.

Somebody once put a Honda engine into a Harley frame and called it a "Pearl Harbour Special Edition", which went down with HD fans like a lead Zeppelin, or, indeed, an American battleship... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

Wardukw

Quote from: Weaver on April 25, 2023, 05:05:03 PM'Hardly Movingson' is another alternative brand I remember from back in the day.

Somebody once put a Honda engine into a Harley frame and called it a "Pearl Harbour Special Edition", which went down with HD fans like a lead Zeppelin, or, indeed, an American battleship... :wacko:
Hahaha oh that's a 8in nail going into that coffin  :wacko:  :wacko:

NARSES2

I've no idea what Harley Davidsons have to do with "GB's the Way Ahead" ? but as I'll be locking this thread when I publish my second stab at the rules for 2023/2024 over the weekend I'll pass.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 26, 2023, 12:01:01 AMI've no idea what Harley Davidsons have to do with "GB's the Way Ahead" ? but as I'll be locking this thread when I publish my second stab at the rules for 2023/2024 over the weekend I'll pass.

It should be preserved as an example of epic-tier thread-drift... ;)

- Indiana Jones