SU-76c. Finished pics pg 7.

Started by zenrat, April 14, 2023, 04:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on May 22, 2023, 04:58:04 AMWell it won't exactly be a six in a Kettenkrad.  More a motorcycle/tank built around the engine.  V8 might be easier as it's a shorter engine.  But why choose the easy option.
Ahhhh so a Edd Roth inspired sort of build..thinking along those lines then hell yes .. cool and weird 😎 🙃 😅
A KettenRodKrad  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Could you use the running gear from the re-released Rommel's Rod? Or would it be a tad too big?
And then you could convert the Rod to all wheeled...

Just trying to think of ways to make life easier for you, Fred - honest!  ;)

zenrat

Here you go.  Found this sketch.

Chevenkrad by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Rick Lowe

zenrat

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

This is getting better and better  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

;D  ;D  ;D nice  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

Thats the ticket.. then only needs touch ups.

This is the time to slavishly follow the instructions on which bit goes where as a difference of one link on a track piece on the wrong end can change the entire way the track run fits.

Ask me how I know  :banghead:

zenrat

Quote from: buzzbomb on May 31, 2023, 03:28:44 PMThats the ticket.. then only needs touch ups.

This is the time to slavishly follow the instructions on which bit goes where as a difference of one link on a track piece on the wrong end can change the entire way the track run fits.

Ask me how I know  :banghead:

I did that on the Tamiya 1/48 SU-122 and the tracks ended up too big.  Had to move the wheels outwards.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

Wardukw

That's looking like a good fit ..the sag is quite nice ..not bad at all  ;D

zenrat

Link & Length tracks so I can't take the credit for that.
Top run needs to be pushed down onto the front idler more.

Lucky Buzzo posted his comment about slavishly following the destructions as I was about to go my own way when I noticed Tamiya had specified the order to attach the track parts...
Fred

Old Wombat

Looking very WW2 Eastern Front! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

No idea why but it somehow looks Finnish to me ?

Really nice build  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.