SU-76c. Finished pics pg 7.

Started by zenrat, April 14, 2023, 04:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 06, 2023, 05:53:33 AMNo idea why but it somehow looks Finnish to me ?

If course it does, it's almost 'finished'..............  ;)  ;D

Yeah, I know, Hat, Coat, book too?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

frank2056

Looks great! The 38t is a great base for whiffing - both in models and real world!

Wardukw

I'll give Tamiya credit..they know how to make life rather easy when it comes to tracks.
I noticed that front idler wheel to ..only after I enlarged your pics and by then I'd posted..oh well  ;D
Still looking sweet mate 👍
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

Looking most excellent, it really does work that combo

Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2023, 02:56:38 AMLucky Buzzo posted his comment about slavishly following the destructions as I was about to go my own way when I noticed Tamiya had specified the order to attach the track parts...
Recent experience with a 1/48 AFV, by not doing that I ended up with one track run reversed as the road wheels did not fit right. Almost invisible, but if you look closely.....  :banghead:

Wardukw

Quote from: buzzbomb on June 06, 2023, 03:55:55 PMLooking most excellent, it really does work that combo

Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2023, 02:56:38 AMLucky Buzzo posted his comment about slavishly following the destructions as I was about to go my own way when I noticed Tamiya had specified the order to attach the track parts...
Recent experience with a 1/48 AFV, by not doing that I ended up with one track run reversed as the road wheels did not fit right. Almost invisible, but if you look closely.....  :banghead:
Don't beat yourself up Buzzy..ive seen that in pics of real tanks...saw a pic of a Sherman with the rubber chevron tracks and one set was on backwards..this tank was in Italy in 44.
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on June 06, 2023, 10:19:38 PM
Quote from: buzzbomb on June 06, 2023, 03:55:55 PMLooking most excellent, it really does work that combo

Don't beat yourself up Buzzy..ive seen that in pics of real tanks...saw a pic of a Sherman with the rubber chevron tracks and one set was on backwards..this tank was in Italy in 44.

I've seen similar of a link or two reversed from the way all the others point in the run... real life vs. the ideal, 'text book'.

Wardukw

If your doing anything under extreme pressure..like combat ..as long as it's on and working..who cares .

Rick Lowe

Yup - it only has to run well enough to get you out of trouble - 'pretty'  or 'correct' is for the parade ground.

Wardukw

There's been more than one occasion where we would have quite happy to have been somewhere else and we wouldn't have cared how we go there  ;D

zenrat

"There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Finnish..."

Quote from: Rick Lowe on June 06, 2023, 10:34:44 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 06, 2023, 10:19:38 PM

I've seen similar of a link or two reversed from the way all the others point in the run... real life vs. the ideal, 'text book'.

I'll remember this next time I put a set on backwards.  Precedence...

Put the other side on today.  Thought i'd lost one of the short links.  Was slightly panicking until I remembered i'd glued it to the end of the top run yesterday as this makes it easier when fitting them.

SU76c WIP 07-06-2023 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

It's got the stance of a dog straining at the leash in that picture, all ready to pounce until you drop their lead and they go "on second thoughts I won't go for that cat"  ;D

You're tempting me to have a look at some Tamiya armour next time I'm at a show.

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 06, 2023, 07:14:20 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 06, 2023, 05:53:33 AMNo idea why but it somehow looks Finnish to me ?

If course it does, it's almost 'finished'..............  ;)  ;D

Yeah, I know, Hat, Coat, book too?  ;D

No Book, as I'd had exactly the same thought when I typed my reply.  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Phew, saved by the bell (or book.......)  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 07, 2023, 06:35:21 AMPhew, saved by the bell (or book.......)  ;D

...or candle?

It is indeed straining Chris.  Straining at the leash to sic some panzers.  Grrrrrrrr.

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I was actually thinking of Witchfinder Sergeant Shadwell when I wrote that... ;)
Fred