Main Menu

Cone of Shame

Started by philp, April 16, 2023, 12:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

So I picked up the Bandai AT-AT but it is in 1/144th scale, not my preferred 72nd.  So what to do with it?

I started putting it together and it goes just like any of the Bandai Star Wars kits, basically just snaps together.  Only real seam to worry about is the neck area with took a lot of filing but cleaned up ok.

Painted with a Tamiya rattle can AS-2 Light Gray (IJN) with a slight wash added.

Inspiration came from a cartoon I found on the net and since I love doing Humor builds I went that route.

The cast is actually plaster impregnated cloth I found at a Michaels.  A little messy to work with but looks good done. 

The cone was a piece of plastic packaging.  I found an image of a pet cone shape online, printed it out to the correct size and used it for the template.

Hardest part was actually trying to come up with what people would sign on the cast.  I picked some notable troopers from the Battle on Hoth.

Best part was it took 1st in Humor at this years CoMMiESFest.

Pics are from the show and a meeting afterward.  I need to take some better pics but thought you lot might enjoy seeing it.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Glenn Gilbertson

That cheered up my evening! :thumbsup:

AeroplaneDriver

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Weaver

That's excellent!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Do you mind if I post it on Twitter?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

That's BRILL! I'm chuckling away like mad here.   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

Quote from: Weaver on April 16, 2023, 01:48:28 PMThat's excellent!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Sure.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Weaver

Quote from: philp on April 16, 2023, 02:29:48 PM
Quote from: Weaver on April 16, 2023, 01:48:28 PMThat's excellent!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Sure.

Okay, done. I @'d a few people who I think would like it, so maybe it'll get some traction.

Tweet here: https://twitter.com/hws5mp/status/1647722994519666688?s=20

Was this the cartoon?

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Truly wonderful  ;D  ;D

Quote from: philp on April 16, 2023, 12:05:15 PMThe cast is actually plaster impregnated cloth I found at a Michaels.  A little messy to work with but looks good done. 

So you used the real thing  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.