Bomcorde Encore

Started by Devilfish, April 18, 2023, 10:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devilfish

I'm sure most of you remember my BAe Vanquish "Bomcorde"

20220118_212059 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

Well, I was asked at a show last year if I was willing to part with it, but could I convert it to be just like the original 1969 drawing, ie, carrying 3 Blue Steel missiles.   I was dubious as to whether they'd actually fit or not, but, with a little jiggery pokery....they do....

20230408_160241 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20230408_160249 by Paul Carter, on Flickr
20230408_160252 by Paul Carter, on Flickr

The centre one is semi-recessed on a Vulcan bomb bay, and the other two attached to modified 1/48 Jaguar pylons

It's now with its new owner, I have space for more builds, and I think this is probably my most "famous" build.....

And NO, I am not building another! :banghead:

PR19_Kit

Impressive!  :thumbsup:

Not too sure how the engine's intake performance would work though.............
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Devilfish

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 18, 2023, 11:17:36 PMImpressive!  :thumbsup:

Not too sure how the engine's intake performance would work though.............

I did try to keep them out of the way of the intake as much as possible, but I totally agree.  Not really a feasible idea, even if Concorde could lift that much weight.

rickshaw

I once worked with a man whose twin had been an aeronautical engineer who worked on Concorde when it was in service.  I met him once and asked him how often he had been supersonic, he just laughed and said, "a few times."  I also asked whether Concorde secretly had been built with provision to be a supersonic bomber, he again laughed and said, "No!"  It seems the RAF had ideas too big for it's boots when they allowed that picture to be published, there was no provision for it to carry any munitions anywhere.   :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

zenrat

Quote from: rickshaw on April 19, 2023, 04:36:58 AMI once worked with a man whose twin had been an aeronautical engineer who worked on Concorde when it was in service.  I met him once and asked him how often he had been supersonic, he just laughed and said, "a few times."  I also asked whether Concorde secretly had been built with provision to be a supersonic bomber, he again laughed and said, "No!"  It seems the RAF had ideas too big for it's boots when they allowed that picture to be published, there was no provision for it to carry any munitions anywhere.   :banghead:

They would say that... :mellow:

Good job Fishman.   :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Vulcan7

Still a very cool build & now very scary as well , 3 nukes! :o  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Rheged

Quote from: zenrat on April 19, 2023, 04:42:17 AM
Quote from: rickshaw on April 19, 2023, 04:36:58 AMI once worked with a man whose twin had been an aeronautical engineer who worked on Concorde when it was in service.  I met him once and asked him how often he had been supersonic, he just laughed and said, "a few times."  I also asked whether Concorde secretly had been built with provision to be a supersonic bomber, he again laughed and said, "No!"  It seems the RAF had ideas too big for it's boots when they allowed that picture to be published, there was no provision for it to carry any munitions anywhere.   :banghead:

Excellent model!

Disinformation is a wonderful weapon in the right hands. 
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

Quote from: Rheged on April 19, 2023, 05:48:10 AM
Quote from: zenrat on April 19, 2023, 04:42:17 AM

Excellent model!

Disinformation is a wonderful weapon in the right hands. 

They tell you what they want you to believe......
Excellent build. I'm sure the recipient was very happy.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Spino

Honestly the outer missiles probably could have shifted forward and inward and they would have fit better without disturbing as much of the intake flow, but realistically I don't think a Concorde could carry more than two, if that.  And it would have to be heavily modified just for the purpose  ;D

Tophe

Quote from: Spino on April 19, 2023, 09:14:49 AMrealistically I don't think a Concorde could carry more than two, if that.
What-if-ally, it could carry 99 I think... ;)  ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]