Piper Cub. Swift Air Parcels. 1949.

Started by zenrat, April 19, 2023, 05:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Piper Cub.  Swift Air Parcels.  PDRV 1949.

Piper Cub - 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

After the finish of WW2 there was a surge in the use aviation in the People's Democratic Republic of Victoria.  One of the areas concerned was that of logistics.  Swift Air Parcels was set up to quickly move mail by air across Victoria.  For small parcels Emmaline, this ex USAAF Piper Cub was used.

Piper Cub - 12 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Piper Cub - 15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

The Model.

1/72 KP Piper Cub built OOB.
Home made transfers.
Rattle can ivory enamel from Hammerbarn.

It's a tiny, delicate little kit.  Nearly overwhelmed by my big fat clumsy fingers.  Looking at the pics has made me realise I have yet to attach the exhausts.
Phone did something odd to the colours here.

Piper Cub - 16 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Here it is with some scale references.

1)  Scale reference Sestapo minifig.

Piper Cub - 2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

2)  Same scale Airfix Car Door Hurricane.

Piper Cub - 1 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

comrade harps

Whatever.

NARSES2

I like that Fred, and the car door Hurricane  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

scooter

Quote from: zenrat on April 19, 2023, 05:57:40 AMPiper Cub.  Swift Air Parcels.  PDRV 1949.

Piper Cub - 4 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

After the finish of WW2 there was a surge in the use aviation in the People's Democratic Republic of Victoria.  One of the areas concerned was that of logistics.  Swift Air Parcels was set up to quickly move mail by air across Victoria.  For small parcels Emmaline, this ex USAAF Piper Cub was used.

That sounds like a European sparrow trying to carry a coconut.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Absolutely love it Fred .... im a huge fan of the Cub ..had two plastic kits of it but 7 Rc ones and i have the plans for a 1/4 scale RC one   ;D
Awesome work on such a wee little bird  :thumbsup: 
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Vulcan7

Beautiful build with v.fine detail, looks tiny next to that amazing Hurricane whiff (not seen that one) :o  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

zenrat

Thanks folks.  I also have a KP Piper Super Cub in the stash.

Car door Hurricane here.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Gondor

I think you missed a trick with the aircraft registration V-ESPA would have been interesting  ;D

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....