CVR(T)R

Started by rickshaw, April 24, 2023, 01:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Weaver

Nice find mate and I've subscribed to his channel now too!

If you don't mind, I'm going to cross-post this on the Saladin specific thread: it needs to be with the rest of the reference material.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Gondor

I will have to get around to watching that one as I have seen the video on the Fox. There is a 1/35 kit of the Saladin available now so we just need to know which type of turret it has to think of building it.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on April 24, 2023, 02:40:22 AMI will have to get around to watching that one as I have seen the video on the Fox. There is a 1/35 kit of the Saladin available now so we just need to know which type of turret it has to think of building it.

Gondor

Video says it was a Scimitar turret. The Fox turret had a smaller turret ring (uneccessary here) but it also had a better night vision sight. I see no reason in principle why the Fox mantlet, complete with better sight, couldn't have been transplanted into the Scimitar turret, mind you.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Gondor

Quote from: Weaver on April 24, 2023, 03:58:51 AM
Quote from: Gondor on April 24, 2023, 02:40:22 AMI will have to get around to watching that one as I have seen the video on the Fox. There is a 1/35 kit of the Saladin available now so we just need to know which type of turret it has to think of building it.

Gondor

Video says it was a Scimitar turret. The Fox turret had a smaller turret ring (uneccessary here) but it also had a better night vision sight. I see no reason in principle why the Fox mantlet, complete with better sight, couldn't have been transplanted into the Scimitar turret, mind you.

There was, it was called the Sabre, although it was not as successful as the Scimitar

Gondor

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

Weaver

Quote from: Gondor on April 24, 2023, 05:01:38 AM
Quote from: Weaver on April 24, 2023, 03:58:51 AM

Gondor

There was, it was called the Sabre, although it was not as successful as the Scimitar

Gondor

Not quite: the Sabre was an entire Fox turret transplanted onto a Scorpion hull via an adaptor ring after the 76mm was withdrawn from service.

- Indiana Jones

Wardukw

AFV club do a nice little Scimitar..would that turret work for a conversion?
Armoured Archives is a great channel ..been a member for ages even though I've never seen this video.. I'll d/l it today .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Weaver

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 24, 2023, 02:08:33 PMAFV club do a nice little Scimitar..would that turret work for a conversion?
Armoured Archives is a great channel ..been a member for ages even though I've never seen this video.. I'll d/l it today .

Yep: that's exactly the right turret.

- Indiana Jones

Wardukw

Quote from: Weaver on April 24, 2023, 04:36:52 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 24, 2023, 02:08:33 PMAFV club do a nice little Scimitar..would that turret work for a conversion?

Glad I could help  ;D
OK so who's gonna build it cause I have a feeling it will be a easy one . ;)
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Steel Penguin

that you for the vid.  :thumbsup:   and im not certain id do it in 1:35,  Empress miniatures do both scorpion / scimitar and saladin in there 28mm range ( i think they are 1:48 the CVR T range is ex- HLBS and they were 1:48 )
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Gondor

There are several different companies that do parts

buzzbomb

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on April 24, 2023, 06:56:21 PM
Quote from: Weaver on April 24, 2023, 04:36:52 PM

Glad I could help  ;D
OK so who's gonna build it cause I have a feeling it will be a easy one . ;)

two threads running the same subject, but in this link, https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?msg=997305
is a teaser, I plonked the AFV club Scimitar turret on the 1/35 Dragon Black Box Saladin to see what it looked like, as I had seen a reference to this proposal a while back. I was building the Saladin canon though.
As you say. Very simple mod to achieve a quite snazzy looking vehicle.

Wardukw

I'm not surprised ive never seen that one..it's 06  ;D

Simple is as simple does so to speck...still tho for a simple build its a damn cool looking machine 😎