Spitfire Mk.I, L'Armee de l'Air de l'Armistice, 1941 (Eduard 1/48)

Started by 2996 Victor, May 03, 2023, 05:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2996 Victor

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 07, 2023, 08:09:35 AMAll i say is that i respect every choice as long as my choice is also respected so, to each their own, right?
Absolutely!

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 07, 2023, 08:09:35 AMNow, let's have some styrene in this thread, shall we?  :mellow:
Soon!

Cheers,
Mark ;)
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

2996 Victor

So at long last I've been making some headway on these two birds.

At the moment, I'm more-or-less building in parallel, and over the weekend I've concentrated on the cockpits. The Vichy What-if is slightly farther ahead at close of play as I've sprayed the interior colours while the Real World PR Type B is still in primer. The latter is because Supermarine used their own interior green on Mk.I Spitfires, and I miscalculated the quantities of paint I had available for mixing it!

The French bird has its interior in typical Armee de l'Air colours of blue and chamois. The blue is perhaps a little light and bright (its less intense in real life), but once its had a matt coat and the fuselage is closed up, I think it'll be fine. Detail painting is up next and then adding the legion of separate greeblies that Eduard supply.

Thanks for stopping by!

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

2996 Victor

Mark's workbench:

2996 Victor

Well now, almost ten months later and here we are again!

What's been happening in the meantime? B'all, to be honest - several RW builds started and stalled as the old mojo rides its rollercoaster of peaks and troughs  <_< The PR Type B hasn't progressed much, if at all, while our What-if Vichy took, if anything, several rearward steps. The fuselage was appropriated for a possible Speed Spitfire build and all the interior paint washed off, and the remaining cockpit parts languished/got damaged/got lost etc etc.

This brings us to the last couple of weeks when this little project has awoken. A spare set of fuselage halves have been snipped from their sprues and had their tub halves fitted, and these and the remaining and replacement cockpit frames, seat and bulkheads have had a coat of blue, this time Tamiya XF-8, with the rear fuselage again being painted chamois.

Next job is to bring the cockpit to life with its various details and a few greebles.

Thanks for looking in!

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

2996 Victor

Mini update to show I've been doing a bit to the "office" with Quinta Studio's 3D-printed decals and some bits and pieces of copper and lead wire. There are a few more odds and ends still to add before I finally close up the fuselage!

Thanks for looking in!
Mark
Mark's workbench:

NARSES2

2996 Victor

Mark's workbench: