Spitfire Mk.I, L'Armee de l'Air de l'Armistice, 1941 (Eduard 1/48)

Started by 2996 Victor, May 03, 2023, 05:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

2996 Victor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 04, 2023, 01:03:01 PM;D  ;D  ;D...your openly building a wiff..your safe matey 👍
It's nice knowing that what ever you build here is that your not wrong..I think the No1 unwritten rule here is that there are no rules 😉

That's true - its quite refreshing to not "have" to worry about getting things spot-on in case someone starts picking it to pieces! And I've already got ideas for Whif #2 and Whif#3!  ;D

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:
Spitfire Mk.I Vichy North Africa - Eduard 1/48
Spitfire PR.XIX Rearward-cockpit - Airfix 1/48
Boulton Paul Valiant Mk.I PR - Airfix 1/48

Old Wombat

Except in GBs, we have rules for them ...Except Rule 6, we don't mention Rule 6! :blink:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 05, 2023, 12:04:57 AM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 04, 2023, 01:03:01 PM;D  ;D  ;D...your openly building a wiff..your safe matey 👍
It's nice knowing that what ever you build here is that your not wrong..I think the No1 unwritten rule here is that there are no rules 😉

That's true - its quite refreshing to not "have" to worry about getting things spot-on in case someone starts picking it to pieces! And I've already got ideas for Whif #2 and Whif#3!  ;D

Cheers,
Mark
Mark mate ??? Two or three ??? ..ok your a noobie so it's OK 👍  :wacko:
When the addiction really bites mate your gonna have at least 10 bouncing around ya noggin ...ive got I think at least 15 and I'll bet more will pop in at some point 😀
Annoyingly I was trying to keep the numbers down and that failed miserably..came up with 2 more last week 😪 😫
But ill get over it 😄
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 05, 2023, 12:50:46 AMExcept in GBs, we have rules for them ...Except Rule 6, we don't mention Rule 6! :blink:
Ahh Guy me good mate those are written rules except for the one between 5 and 7 of course..im to afraid to mention that number..scared of the consequences it might bring 😟🥺
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

2996 Victor

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 05, 2023, 12:50:46 AMExcept in GBs, we have rules for them ...Except Rule 6, we don't mention Rule 6! :blink:

Okay, as a newbie, I'm bound to ask, what is Rule Siiiii......Five (a)?

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 05, 2023, 12:55:13 AM
Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 05, 2023, 12:04:57 AM

Cheers,
Mark
Mark mate ??? Two or three ??? ..ok your a noobie so it's OK 👍  :wacko:
When the addiction really bites mate your gonna have at least 10 bouncing around ya noggin ...ive got I think at least 15 and I'll bet more will pop in at some point 😀
Annoyingly I was trying to keep the numbers down and that failed miserably..came up with 2 more last week 😪 😫
But ill get over it 😄

I do need to try and keep things sensible  :rolleyes:  as I've got plenty of real-world builds planned as well!

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 05, 2023, 12:58:42 AM
Ahh Guy me good mate those are written rules except for the one between 5 and 7 of course..im to afraid to mention that number..scared of the consequences it might bring 😟🥺

Still curious  ;)

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:

Wardukw

Mate play it safe ..your friends and family love and need you so please never ever ask about the number between 5 and 7 ..it's like a gateway to hell or some alternative reality-based nightmare  where everybody is forced to eat only tofu based food products and drive only electric cars made in russia...so I've been told ..ive never asked about that number ..I never will 😵�💫
I don't like tofu 😐 quite fond of Burger King though 😋
Just keep repeating to yourself.."there's no such thing as Rule ₩₩₩"
 :thumbsup:  ;D
Honestly I have no idea why we don't ask about rule 6 ..it's just one of the weird and wonderful things about this place  <_<

2996 Victor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 05, 2023, 03:09:34 AMMate play it safe ..your friends and family love and need you so please never ever ask about the number between 5 and 7 ..it's like a gateway to hell or some alternative reality-based nightmare  where everybody is forced to eat only tofu based food products and drive only electric cars made in russia...so I've been told ..ive never asked about that number ..I never will 😵�💫
I don't like tofu 😐 quite fond of Burger King though 😋
Just keep repeating to yourself.."there's no such thing as Rule ₩₩₩"
 :thumbsup:  ;D
Honestly I have no idea why we don't ask about rule 6 ..it's just one of the weird and wonderful things about this place  <_<

My :-X ! I'm never mentioning it again - tofu and electric cars give me the heebie jeebies and the idea of an eternity of either would be enough to make me turn to drink (if I hadn't already)  :drink:  (Actually, Guy @Old Wombat has PM'd me the explanation  <_< perhaps you could share the secret, Guy?)

Cheers  :cheers:
Mark
Mark's workbench:

Wardukw

😆 🤣...with all the yrs I've been here no one had ever told me about rule 6 ...but then again I've never asked so  that could be the reason 🙃 

I used to have a friend who was a girl who ate tofu burgers and she'd give me crap when I'd dig into a double whopper with cheese 😅 oh with extra mayo and ketchup  😀

2996 Victor

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 05, 2023, 03:40:05 AM😆 🤣...with all the yrs I've been here no one had ever told me about rule 6 ...but then again I've never asked so  that could be the reason 🙃 

I used to have a friend who was a girl who ate tofu burgers and she'd give me crap when I'd dig into a double whopper with cheese 😅 oh with extra mayo and ketchup  😀

That's hilarious, makes me chuckle  <_<  I can't imagine what a tofu burger tastes like, but I know tofu is bean curd and that's enough to put me off  :wacko:
Mark's workbench:

Wardukw

😀😀😀  ..I don't know what that stuff tastes like either even tho I've tried it ..if it wasn't for the flavors put on it I bet I wouldn't have tasted it even tho I ate it 🤪 .

DogfighterZen

Welcome aboard, Vic! :mellow:

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 05, 2023, 12:32:38 PM
Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 05, 2023, 03:40:05 AM😆 🤣...with all the yrs I've been here no one had ever told me about rule 6 ...but then again I've never asked so  that could be the reason 🙃 

That's hilarious, makes me chuckle  <_<  I can't imagine what a tofu burger tastes like, but I know tofu is bean curd and that's enough to put me off  :wacko:

;D  I'm far from vegan or vegetarian, most of my main meals include some sort of meat and, although my wife is fully vegan, i haven't ate tofu burgers yet... i do have some soja ones and i can say that they're pretty good, obviously not meat but, to me they taste good so, i have a couple of fat ones from time to time. They're even better with some cheese and mayo for sure... ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Wardukw

Well I just enjoyed a Hawaiian pizza and a garlic bread with a ice cold can of V energy drink and there wasn't a single bit of tofu anywhere 😅
As for the vegetarian vegan thing ..well nope ..I'll admit I did have a vegetarian pie and it was damn good ..a Ron of taste..this was at a dinner party at a friend's place ..great tasting food but nowhere enough of it ..so I had Wendy's Burgers on the way home 😋

Oh Mark one thing you might have figured out by now or you might not have but we can go off topic in a heart beat around here and it's normally a good laugh or very insightful 😄
Don't worry tho..we do get back to it ...eventually 🙃

2996 Victor

Guys,
sorry I haven't responded sooner - we had a little shindig going on in the UK yesterday  ;) and a few too many drinkies celebrating our new Monarch's coronation  <_<

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 05, 2023, 01:04:56 PM😀😀😀  ..I don't know what that stuff tastes like either even tho I've tried it ..if it wasn't for the flavors put on it I bet I wouldn't have tasted it even tho I ate it 🤪 .
;D  ;D  ;D it really sounds revolting, even the name sounds like someone just sneezed!!!  :wacko:

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 06, 2023, 12:02:26 AM;D  I'm far from vegan or vegetarian, most of my main meals include some sort of meat and, although my wife is fully vegan, i haven't ate tofu burgers yet... i do have some soja ones and i can say that they're pretty good, obviously not meat but, to me they taste good so, i have a couple of fat ones from time to time. They're even better with some cheese and mayo for sure... ;D
I tried soya milk in my tea once, it was foul, almost enough to put me off soya products for life! Seriously, though, it has its uses but I have to wonder why people profess to be vegetarian/vegan and then crave plant-based "meat". There were TV adverts for "the Vegetarian Butcher" recently, as you can imagine, plant-based meat substitutes. But, IMHO, you don't "butcher" vegetables, you peel 'em!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Quote from: Wardukw-NZ on May 06, 2023, 02:58:47 AMWell I just enjoyed a Hawaiian pizza and a garlic bread with a ice cold can of V energy drink and there wasn't a single bit of tofu anywhere 😅
As for the vegetarian vegan thing ..well nope ..I'll admit I did have a vegetarian pie and it was damn good ..a Ron of taste..this was at a dinner party at a friend's place ..great tasting food but nowhere enough of it ..so I had Wendy's Burgers on the way home 😋

Oh Mark one thing you might have figured out by now or you might not have but we can go off topic in a heart beat around here and it's normally a good laugh or very insightful 😄
Don't worry tho..we do get back to it ...eventually 🙃
Love it! We've been known to go for dinner at friends' houses, and stop off for a cheeky Maccie D's on the way home  :laugh: Nothing wrong with vegetable recipes, I love a veggie lasagne f'rinstance, and Hawaiian pizzas, jacket spuds with baked beans, etc etc. Never going to give up a bacon sarnie, though! Nope. Not ever!
Oh, and a bit of light-hearted thread drift is all good fun  ;)  ;)  ;)

Cheers,
Mark
Mark's workbench:

DogfighterZen

Quote from: 2996 Victor on May 07, 2023, 03:52:46 AMSeriously, though, it has its uses but I have to wonder why people profess to be vegetarian/vegan and then crave plant-based "meat".

Well, it's simple, due to the fact that most people grow up eating meat and when they turn vegetarian/vegan for whatever reasons they have, the flavour and texture of meat is what most people miss the most. At least i know that's what i'd miss if i tried... All i say is that i respect every choice as long as my choice is also respected so, to each their own, right? I have never even seriously considered turning vegan or even vegetarian and still, my wife will only go as far as eating a couple of eggs from time to time so, if everyone in this world could respect each other instead of arguing and trying to tell others what they should do or eat, things would be so much easier for everyone...
Might as well post this to keep from writing something similar...  :rolleyes:  ;D  :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugrAo8wEPiI

Now, let's have some styrene in this thread, shall we?  :mellow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"