Super Arleigh Burke class DDG

Started by seadude, May 03, 2023, 06:43:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadude

I'm taking a break from building large ships and instead decided to do a smaller one.
This time, it's an Arleigh Burke class guided missile destroyer. My original intention of this ship was to somehow lengthen it slightly and put a 5" gun at the back somewhere. But that plan failed and now I'm working on a different scheme. I always kinda wondered what a Burke destroyer might look like if its regular radar mast were removed and replaced with an Advanced Enclosed Sensor Mast similar to what LPD-17 San Antonio class amphibious ships have.
I'm also going to paint the lower hull blue similar to what my previous USS Wisconsin railgun battleship has. I like blue. :)
To upgrade this Burke, I was thinking of maybe putting two 57mm guns at the back where the triple tube torpedo launchers originally were.
Then move the torpedo launchers down a deck close to where the helipad is. Not to worry though, there's still room for the helicopter to land/take off. ;)
And I might make a scratch built enclosure for the RHIB boats on the starboard side.
Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Captain Canada

Cool. Such sexy boats. And killer too !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

seadude

Modeling isn't just about how good the gluing or painting, etc. looks. It's also about how creative and imaginative you can be with a subject.
My modeling philosophy is: Don't build what everyone else has done. Build instead what nobody has seen or done before.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

seadude

NARSES2

Captain Canada

I can dig it. I like the torpedoe tubes....that's a neat idea !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

She certainly looks capable enough! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

seadude

seadude

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 19, 2023, 07:47:07 PMShe certainly looks capable enough! :thumbsup:

Capable enough to take on the latest Chinese destroyers you think? ;)

Old Wombat

Quote from: seadude on May 23, 2023, 07:02:16 PM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 19, 2023, 07:47:07 PMShe certainly looks capable enough! :thumbsup:

Capable enough to take on the latest Chinese destroyers you think? ;)

Certainly give most of them a run for their money, at least. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

seadude