XF-88 Voodoo

Started by Captain Canada, May 04, 2023, 10:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

This guy has been hanging around the stash for awhile. Always likes the shape of this early beast. I started it a few weeks back, but gave up on before I left for WV thinking the GB ended May 1 ! Well, it's back on !

Making the engines more powerfulYou cannot view this attachment.
Making the nose more pointy and less gunney
You cannot view this attachment.
Also making the fin bigger to handle said engines, and a T-tail. Where is Baz when you need him ?You cannot view this attachment.   
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Yup yup carry on Cap'n  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Love me a Voodoo 🫡
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

killnoizer

Classic Plastic .... Is it a monogram voodoo ?   

I did the same mistake about the end of the GB , so I delivered in February  .
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

loupgarou

Quote from: killnoizer on May 04, 2023, 10:14:00 PMClassic Plastic .... Is it a monogram voodoo ?   

Judging from the engine access  :rolleyes:   trap-door,it's the ANCIENT Lindberg one.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Dizzyfugu

Nice! Certainly a putty cemetary, but a very good entry.

jcf

Quote from: killnoizer on May 04, 2023, 10:14:00 PMClassic Plastic .... Is it a monogram voodoo ? 

It's the original XF-88 long-range penetration fighter prototype which was eventually redesigned into the F-101.

The ancient Lindbergh 1/48th scale kit, originally an O-lin kit, is the only mainstream injected polystyrene kit
that has ever been made of the XF-88.

Olin XF-88 on Scalemates

The Rat

Quote from: jcf on May 05, 2023, 09:53:42 AM

It's the original XF-88 long-range penetration fighter prototype which was eventually redesigned into the F-101.

The ancient Lindbergh 1/48th scale kit, originally an O-lin kit, is the only mainstream injected polystyrene kit
that has ever been made of the XF-88.

Olin XF-88 on Scalemates

Yep, they kitted quite a few prototypes, or near as damn it, in the rush to be first, which probably ticked off a few of the 'serious' modelers of the day. Now, a lot of 'serious' modelers would love to see more prototypes kitted!  ;D  ;D  ;D
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

kerick

I can't believe it was rereleased in 2013! Maybe they should forward it to Atlantis Models.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Captain Canada

Can we move this to the current builds sectiuon ? I'm settling in and want to finish what I've started ( for a change ) lol
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Thanks Chris ! I went on the hunt for it last night, but it hasn't turned up yet. I did find the Grumman Albatross with a pair or RR Darts in the box that I wanted to do for thr re-engine build.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

royabulgaf

Interesting.  The airplane has something of a Batplane look to it.  BTW, what are those pink/red things in the top picture?  Fingertips?
The Leng Plateau is lovely this time of year