The Wooksta's High Flying Birds - what a life

Started by The Wooksta!, May 11, 2023, 03:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Another shelf queen that never got finished, although it got decalled and vanished before falling apart. Either that or it was a feline related accident.

Anyway, I'm not saying what it is as yet, only that it's one of my fetishes, it fits current thinking and Kit will like it too.

Currently sitting in a washing up bowl with Mr Muscle trying to remove the paint.

Pics will follow at some point soon.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

The Wooksta!

Bulk of paint removed, so some pics are in order.

You cannot view this attachment.

Yes, I know that wingtip needs rebuilding, but I have plastic card and superglue. What can possibly go wrong?

Can you tell what it is yet? 
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

A Me 151 crossed with a TA 152 ??
Other than those guesses I've no idea  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

No, but it looks like a modified Ta.152. :unsure:

Given the wingspan, I'm sure Kit will know, though. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

I don't know but it looks really interesting!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

I'm pretty sure the 151 had cranked wings or something close to those but the fuselage definitely looks 152 but twin engined .
It's weird and I like it 🙂
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

With the rearward engine driving a compressor?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

PR19_Kit

There was an Fw-190 with a socking great turbo-charger under/behind the cockpit with an equally large intake under the belly as I recall. This looks like a re-hash of that idea with the intakes on the sides.

But with longer wings naturally.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 14, 2023, 03:20:14 AMThere was an Fw-190 with a socking great turbo-charger under/behind the cockpit with an equally large intake under the belly as I recall. This looks like a re-hash of that idea with the intakes on the sides.

But with longer wings naturally.  ;D
Been hunting Kit and I found the plane tour talking about I.. it's called the F-190 V18 Kanguruh ..has the large intake under the fuselage.
Still no luck finding out what the hell Lee's put up here but I'm bloody certain I've seen it before.
It's like it's a modified BV-155 .

The Wooksta!

The wingtip is fixed and described, so some reassembly will commence tomorrow.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

The pipes from the exhaust to the turbocharger are back in pace and filled.

The grey filler is old, but as it's still doing it's job, no need to remove it.  The wings are still a bit warped. A nice hot bath and then a trip to the freezer.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

Wardukw

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"