The Wooksta's High Flying Birds - what a life

Started by The Wooksta!, May 11, 2023, 03:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Wardukw

Right I knew I'd seen this plane before and I found it in a E book I have on my computer.
This is a Blohm und Voss P.205 .
This is a high altitude figther and the big intakes are for the gas turbocharger .
The engine is a Daimler-Benz DB 603V with take off power of 1710hp fitted with a Hrith TJKL 15 exhaust gas turbocharger.

HA!!! Lee I got it figured  ;D  :drink:  :party: 

Ain't it annoying when ya know you know but can't fricken remember where ya know it from ?  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Tophe

Quote from: Wardukw on May 15, 2023, 08:39:46 PMThe engine is a Daimler-Benz DB 603V with take off power of 1710hp fitted with a Hrith TJKL 15 exhaust gas turbocharger.
The lines show like radial exhausts while DB603 was in line piston engine I thought... :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Quote from: Tophe on May 15, 2023, 10:25:09 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 15, 2023, 08:39:46 PMThe engine is a Daimler-Benz DB 603V with take off power of 1710hp fitted with a Hrith TJKL 15 exhaust gas turbocharger.
The lines show like radial exhausts while DB603 was in line piston engine I thought... :unsure:
Tophe mate the 603 is a inline V12 engine.
Take at the Junkers 88..same thing ..Heinkel 219 ..Dornier 17E/F Dornier 217....all V12 powered .

Rick Lowe

Or the standard 190; inline engine and annular radiator.

Looking forward to seeing this one, Lee.  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Rick the early 190s ..models A,F and G used a BMW 801A 18cyl two row radial engine.
The D9 was the first to use a V12..I believe.

Tophe

the 190's annular radiator (wth in line engine) had not radial exhausts, yes?? :unsure:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

All of the 190s up till the D9 used a radial exhaust which exited just above the wings ..everything after the D9 used a in line exhaust which you can see just in front of the wings  ;D

Dizzyfugu

It's a Blohm & Voss P.205, right? Looks similar to an Fw 190 (esp. the V18 prototype), but it's bigger and IIRC an alternative design to the Bv 155?

The wing shape made me think if a Vultee design, though...  ;D

Wardukw

Yup that's what it is mate ..I found it eailer today in a book I've got...im glad I found it cause it was doing my head in  ;D
Now I'm annoyed cause that's a cool plane and I want a 48th model of it    ;D

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Wardukw on May 15, 2023, 10:56:24 PMRick the early 190s ..models A,F and G used a BMW 801A 18cyl two row radial engine.

Yeah, you're right - I was using the shorthand in my head, referencing the D and forgetting the Radial versions... :banghead:

Wardukw

Quote from: Rick Lowe on May 16, 2023, 10:55:01 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 15, 2023, 10:56:24 PMRick the early 190s ..models A,F and G used a BMW 801A 18cyl two row radial engine.

Yeah, you're right - I was using the shorthand in my head, referencing the D and forgetting the Radial versions... :banghead:
Well until I read my book I would have said they all had radials ..I didn't know that the D9 was the first..so now that givees me a idea  :wacko:

The Wooksta!

There were several B and C series prototypes with the DB603.  Esoteric did the former as rough conversions, MPM did the C series V18 with the bfo scoop, Airmodel did the same aircraft at a later point with longer wings.  Aoshima released one of their Ta152 H-0 kits with decals for the V-18 as it was rebuilt to Ta 152 standards.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Wardukw

Well its  proving my mind is going south..I have a FW-190 and I was thinking a engine conversion on a very early model ..turns out my 190 is a D9 and already has a V12   :o

The Wooksta!

Hobbyboss do the V-18 prototype, so you could rework it back to a B by leaving off the scoop and other bits.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic