While It’s Still A Whif…

Started by AeroplaneDriver, May 18, 2023, 09:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AeroplaneDriver

This one looking like it may become reality sooner than later, but I'm sure I can come up with a better color scheme than the boring gray it will inevitably wear.

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

Looking forward to what you come up with Nick  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

scooter

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on May 18, 2023, 09:24:22 PMThis one looking like it may become reality sooner than later, but I'm sure I can come up with a better color scheme than the boring gray it will inevitably wear.

Yawn Darts are pretty boring in grey.  Heritage scheme perhaps, or Euro One with lots of ordinance that goes 'BOOM'?
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

VincentC

I'm tempted to do one in USAF Vietnam era camo with the white underside and some shiny silver  BLU-1 napalm canisters. Only reason I haven't done one yet is because F-16s imo look really ugly with a black radome. Early Dutch Air Force F-16's had black radomes and it just does not look flattering at all:

PR19_Kit

How about the Viet Nam scheme with a tan radome then?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

AeroplaneDriver

Parts breakdown in the box looks very similar to Tamiya, but that's where the similarity ends.  After last evening's session I was tempted to relegate it to the Shelf of Doom and break out a Tamiya Block 32 C model and make that work.  But I decided not to give up and to break out some putty and get to work with some PSR.  First round is drying and I'm off out for a little live music. 

Also to clarify it WILL be gray...as I'm sure the real ones will be when they show up in Ukraine's skies...just not the boring old Hill Scheme the Dutch ones wear (most likely initial donors I've read).  Going to come up with something with a cool camo pattern and different shades than normally seen. Hopefully it works. 

Captain Canada

Your work is always spot on, so I'm sure it will rock regardless of how gray and boring it turns out lol.

Cheers !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

Digital! The Ukrainians seem to LOVE their digital camo's!! :wub:  ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

AeroplaneDriver

I am on the verge of assigning this kit to the Shelf Of Doom and starting over with a Tamiya kit.  This thing really is a pig of a kit. I can see why Kinetic just did a new mold of it.  The old one is hard to love. 

Devilfish

Quote from: VincentC on May 19, 2023, 03:09:44 PMI'm tempted to do one in USAF Vietnam era camo with the white underside and some shiny silver  BLU-1 napalm canisters. Only reason I haven't done one yet is because F-16s imo look really ugly with a black radome. Early Dutch Air Force F-16's had black radomes and it just does not look flattering at all:

I agree they look ugly grey with a black radome, but paint it camo and the black radome fits in!

20170624_190933_zpsnf41nkma by Paul Carter, on Flickr

Dizzyfugu

The Venezuelan F-16s carry a SEA-esque paint scheme, even though with slightly lighter colors (and a grey radome):

Looking forward to another Unkrainian F-16. I did one - assuming a military support program in the Nineties - in pixel camo (thanks to a decal set for the cammo), adapted from Su-24s and 25s of that era, rather pale in color.
If the real-life hardware support materializes, I'd assume that the aircraft will carry a dull grey scheme (Egypt One?), though.

VincentC

That Venezuelan camo is nice, never seen that before. At first glance you'd think it was a USAF Aggressors scheme.

scooter

Quote from: VincentC on May 22, 2023, 02:52:08 PMThat Venezuelan camo is nice, never seen that before. At first glance you'd think it was a USAF Aggressors scheme.

Also makes me wish US fighters weren't so damned...boring.
Says the guy that does most of the Londthyrian military aircraft in ADC (gloss) Grey. :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng