1/35 Ukrainian Merkava IV (Academy)

Started by Old Wombat, May 22, 2023, 01:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on June 23, 2023, 03:42:41 AMYou are all thinking too small.
What you want to do is combine an Abrams hull with the container handling gear from a HEMTT (or even two) and then slap a heap of ERA all over the outside of the container.
 ;D

Or you could go with the M-1137 High Mobility Battlefield Logistics Transport:

Build is here [ https://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php?topic=35529.0 ] - most of the pic's are Pee-Bucket, so if they're too difficult to see or disappear let me know & I'll swap them out.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

frank2056

Guy - That's still one of my favorite builds here.

kerick

I was thinking of something more field expedient. Something to fill a need that wasn't anticipated until the war started and various equipment showed up. Add stuff available from the rear area damaged equipment yard and some clever mechanics and there you have it.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: Jakko on June 23, 2023, 01:50:11 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 22, 2023, 01:27:06 PMI see where your going ..a M2 or 3 Bradley delivery van ..
The Dutch Army had YPR 765s for exactly this purpose. They had an empty rear area, the normal commander's hatch plated over (and the commander moved to what was the gunner's position on other YPRs) and a folding screen inside to protect the crew from sliding cargo. No reason a similar Bradley couldn't be made as well, I would think. Move the commander over to behind the driver, with a new cupola in the roof there, and plate over the turret opening, maybe with a big cargo hatch?
I like these modified M113 based vehicles..The entire AIFV range is very cool but like the M113 space is a problem..im not a very comfortable person in the back of a 113 especially with 5 other guys and all our tools .
The ideas for a Bradley are good ones matey 👍
Thinking like the top of the entire cargo area could open up to load palletized cargo or just so it could pull up beside a truck and load straight into the top by hand or crane.
We are making Ken's ideas more complicated  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Old Wombat

Application of the digi-cam has commenced! :D

Photo's of what I've done today may appear later tonight. ;)

Old Wombat

Photo's! ;D

Not quite as good as I'd have liked but good enough for Invasion Emergency work. ;)

Haven't done the front or the turret, yet, but they can wait for another day. :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Mate that's looking the business  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup: ..won't take much work to get those sharp lines on the cam sorted.
But looking damn good 👍 or camm good  :angel:  :wacko:
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 26, 2023, 05:44:29 AMLooks good to me  :thumbsup:

Ditto.  The softer edges and overspray give it that "We repainted these in the field with cardboard and rattle cans" look you'd expect of the UA armor force right now.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Old Wombat

Thank you, gentlemen! :bow:  :bow:

I was thinking more felt or rubber mats with the shapes cut into them, cardboard seems a bit light-weight ... Maybe plywood? It would explain some of the worst bits around uneven surface structures. :unsure:  ;)

Wardukw

Cardboard Guy..painted freehand ..tape takes far to long when a piece of cardboard with a shape cut out of it is good for several dozen uses and best if all ..no special tools needed and it's free.
Also ..very easy to find and its pretty much everywhere.

Jakko

US Army dual-tex camouflage of the early 1980s was usually painted either by spraying through cardboard stencils, or by cutting a sponge square, dipping it into paint and pushing it against the vehicle. This looks to me like it was done with a sponge, or perhaps a large brush:

You cannot view this attachment.

Of course, this says exactly nothing about how Ukrainian vehicles are painted today :)
... I know all this and more ...

Old Wombat

Hull digi-cam is completed. Next is the turret! :thumbsup: