1/35 Ukrainian Merkava IV (Academy)

Started by Old Wombat, May 22, 2023, 01:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wardukw

Paper templates work well for flat surfaces but don't work for steps or annoying angles ...I tried the paper template on the first model I did digi cam on..didn't work at all..tape is all I use now.
It's much easier to work with and best of all it stays put when ya need it to .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Yeah, but you have to remember not to put on little fiddly bits before you paint*. :rolleyes:

[*: Especially if you're using a broader commercial masking tape, that's tackier than the modelling tape you're used to. Add Fred's line here. :banghead: ]
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Tamiya tape mate 👌
I've got all the sizes plus multiple others types of masking tape..vinyl tapes ..I even scored a 40mm wide role of masking tape which is exactly the same as Tamiya tape but ain't Tamiya...I think if I added my tapes together I'd had over 50 rolls of different tapes .
And no I don't collect rolls of tape  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on July 04, 2023, 11:02:39 PMString?
;D  ;D   ;D  ;D  :lol: ...nope ..only models and I used also collect ammunition.

kerick

Rubber bands?
I have a few 30mm, 20mm and .50cal casings.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on July 04, 2023, 11:10:37 PMRubber bands?
I have a few 30mm, 20mm and .50cal casings.
No freaking rubber bands 😃😃😃

I don't remember for sure exactly how many I had but it was more than 300 items..shell casings and projectiles..still remember the very rd I got ..a .22 long rifle my dad gave me  ;D

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on July 04, 2023, 10:20:01 PMTamiya tape mate 👌
I've got all the sizes plus multiple others types of masking tape..vinyl tapes ..I even scored a 40mm wide role of masking tape which is exactly the same as Tamiya tape but ain't Tamiya...I think if I added my tapes together I'd had over 50 rolls of different tapes .

I usually use Tamiya tape, or similar, but to cut the patterns I needed something wider & this general masking tape was what I had available. Live & learn (or not)! ;)

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 05, 2023, 08:43:29 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on July 04, 2023, 10:20:01 PMTamiya tape mate 👌

I usually use Tamiya tape, or similar, but to cut the patterns I needed something wider & this general masking tape was what I had available. Live & learn (or not)! ;)
Pretty sure Tamiya does a 40mm wide tape and I do know it's cheap here so it's gonna be less there..worth the coin cause ya really don't use that much that often ..I'd have some of that if I didn't have that big roll I scored  ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Old Wombat

OK, she's had her base weathering done (a bit heavy handed on the washes but I didn't realise how much the textured surfaces would retain & resist removal).

Here she is, ready for masking prior to her penultimate paint session;

Next up is some hairspray, salt, & the white Winter scheme.

After which will be the Winter weathering, followed by the final matt coat.

And somewhere in amongst that lot will be some dry-brushing to bring out some highlights.

Getting there! :thumbsup:

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Wardukw

Old Wombat