1/35 Ukrainian Merkava IV (Academy)

Started by Old Wombat, May 22, 2023, 01:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

I started this build some time ago (last year, so not as long ago as some (kerick ;) )) with the intention of making it a Royal Australian Marines vehicle but I also have the much nicer, if more intricate, Meng Merk IV.

So, recent events & an image posted over on Beyond the Sprues (below) warped my thoughts on this &, therefore, the Meng kit will be the RAMs tank & this Academy build will become the Ukrainian build.

The build is already at the painting stage &, despite my memory thinking it had indy tracks, it comes with link-&-length tracks (Thank the Gods! :bow:  :bow: ); So progress from here should be relatively straight forward & quick (he types, touching everything wood within arms reach, including his head).

I'll post pictures of the kit as-is tomorrow sometime, as I won't be starting it for a few days, at least.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kerick

There was a pic of, I think it was a Bradley, painted in a Ukrainian version of digital camo. I'll see if I can dig it up.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Similar scheme, maybe looking more "Field Applied".

Found some decals for Ukrainian digital camo BDU's (one from the USA & one from Ukraine) - I'll probably buy a couple of each, as they're slightly different & I have a few other figures I'd like to put in Ukrainian uniforms.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Old Wombat

Photo's of the current state of play:

Because of a couple of changes to how I want the Ukrainian tank to be fitted out there will be a small amount of styrene work before I progress with painting.

Still a lot of tidying to do (the first photo shows the only real cleared area on the entire desk).

So, a couple of days & I may get a few bits done, but then I'll be away for a few days going over to the Eyre Peninsula to visit the grandson & bring my wife back from helping out #1 daughter for a few months.

Old Wombat

Me being me, the tidy up has gone on hold & I've started doing the styrene mod's to make this a Ukrainian tank. :rolleyes:  ;D

Going well, so far. :thumbsup:  [Touch wood .... LOTS of wood!]

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 24, 2023, 08:29:26 AMMe being me, the tidy up has gone on hold & I've started doing the styrene mod's to make this a Ukrainian tank. :rolleyes:  ;D

;D  ;D
It's all part of the fun mate  :wacko:
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

Quote from: Wardukw on May 24, 2023, 11:22:04 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on May 24, 2023, 08:29:26 AMMe being me, the tidy up has gone on hold & I've started doing the styrene mod's to make this a Ukrainian tank. :rolleyes:  ;D

;D  ;D
It's all part of the fun mate  :wacko:

Ya reckon? You ain't seen my mess, mate! :o

kerick

The bigger the work space, the bigger the mess!
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

And it's a BIG workspace! Great, when it's clean & tidy! ;D  :thumbsup:

But right now? :blink:  :(  :(

Wardukw

Mate if your not making a mess then ya ain't building a model.
That's my simple rule of model building 😉.
My work space is extremely small ..680mm by 570mm .. but mate I can make one hell of a mess 😄
Quite proud of that  :wacko:    ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Jakko

... I know all this and more ...

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on May 24, 2023, 07:22:46 PMThe bigger the work space, the bigger the mess!

Yup  ;D  I try and clear mine every time I finish a model, but it doesn't last long at all  :rolleyes:  At least the paints from that build get put back in their correct drawers  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.