1/35 Ukrainian Merkava IV (Academy)

Started by Old Wombat, May 22, 2023, 01:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: zenrat on May 26, 2023, 05:19:49 AMA tidy desk is a sign of a sick mind.
I had a sign on my old desk which said that Fred..had a another one to which said...Let's organize this thing and take all the fun out of it .
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Old Wombat

I have a sign on my study desk which says the same thing as Fred's line, only slightly different wording;

A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind

On the reverse side it has;

I can be neat
I can be efficient
But why make everyone else look bad

;D  ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Wardukw

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 28, 2023, 06:01:39 AMI have a sign on my study desk which says the same thing as Fred's line, only slightly different wording;

A clean desk is the sign of a sick mind

On the reverse side it has;

I can be neat
I can be efficient
But why make everyone else look bad

;D  ;D
I do like that  ;D  ;D
My fav desk sign of all time is one I've had for yrs..ive had it as a t shirt as well and thanks to a mate here at the camp I have a brand new one now too  :thumbsup:
I can only please one person per day.
Today is not your day and tomorrow does not look good either .
My coffee mug I used to have and can't find a replacement for said .
STRESSSS...The confusion created when one's mind overrides the body's basic desire to choke the living s¥€t out of some arse¥₩£€ who desperately deserves it.
You've probably seen them before but those are ones I can't forget  ;D
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

PR19_Kit

When office printers were all dot matrix types and printed out on reams of fan-fold paper where all the sheets were connected together, I had a software package that printed huge letters sideways ALONG the fan folds, ideal for banners and messages you REALLY wanted to get across.

So I had a massive stretch of this stuff stuck all along the upper walls of my office that said 'TIME ISN'T ELASTIC, WHAT DON'T YOU WANT DONE?'  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Wardukw

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 28, 2023, 01:34:05 PMWhen office printers were all dot matrix types and printed out on reams of fan-fold paper where all the sheets were connected together, I had a software package that printed huge letters sideways ALONG the fan folds, ideal for banners and messages you REALLY wanted to get across.

So I had a massive stretch of this stuff stuck all along the upper walls of my office that said 'TIME ISN'T ELASTIC, WHAT DON'T YOU WANT DONE?'  ;D
:lol:  :lol:  ;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Jakko

I used to have a T-shirt with the text I NEVER FINISH ANYTH on the front.
... I know all this and more ...

rickshaw

I used to have a poster which I was given by a superior which stated, "Your lack of foresight does not necessitate panic on my part."  It usually worked and forestalled too many tantrums because I was calm and methodical in what I did...   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

NARSES2

My office desk bore a sign, presented to me by my "girls", which said "Why be difficult when with a little more effort you could be bloody impossible  ;D "
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 29, 2023, 06:05:21 AMMy office desk bore a sign, presented to me by my "girls", which said "Why be difficult when with a little more effort you could be bloody impossible  ;D "
;D  ;D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Old Wombat

A green Merkava (even in bits) looks weird! :blink:

I've used SMS paint PL82 Protective Green (for WW2 Russian AFV's) for the base colour.

Still a few more parts to do in this colour, then I'll work on the "big digital" camouflage markings.

Old Wombat

One of the gent's over on BtS posted this;

Quote from: Ramba on June 02, 2023, 04:41:09 AMUkraine is using different greens other than that dark green. Here is an M2A2 in a new digital camo with different greens.

My reply;

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 02, 2023, 07:52:17 AMThe Bradleys seem to have a 3-colour scheme (two greens & a sand - possibly a Spring scheme?), which seems to be the norm for Ukrainian vehicles.

The PL82 looks fairly close to the dark green on the Bradleys but I also have a similar light green, a red-brown & a vaguely similar sand colour for the digital colours.

I may stick with the most common 3-colour scheme that I've seen for the Merkava (dark green/brown/sand - Autumn?), or I may go 4 colours (dark green/light green/brown/sand), plus a partial over-wash of white (Yes, it'll be a Winter scheme).

PS: Nice photo, by the way, it may influence the final scheme quite a bit. :smiley:

Wardukw

kerick

I love how the closest vehicle the crew is wearing Russian style headgear, the second vehicle someone is wearing a boonie hat and in the farthest one someone is wearing something yellow.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise