Vulcan7

with some old prototypes....

You cannot view this attachment.

very many thanks for kind comments all  :cheers:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Old Wombat

Quote from: Vostoc7 on May 23, 2023, 02:11:31 AMI did hear somewhere the Germans had a problem with their glue though?

Yes, they had trouble getting the ingredients to make decent quality glues for the ply.

However, the Mosquitoes' ply, although very good in temperate climates, began to de-laminate in the humidity of the tropics very quickly, a discovery made in Australia on one or more of the few Mossies brought here for testing for the RAAF, & why those were the only Mossies to operate in RAAF service in the Asia-Pacific region. I think the RAF had the same issue with those they operated in the SEA Theatre.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, you can see the development path right there in one pic.  Brilliant! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

uncletain

After seeing those, I'm imagining a delta wing version as the next step
A Vulcanised Mosquito
In green and grey of course

Great work once again

Wardukw

Now I've opened my eyes and actually seen this post it's very cool 😎
The side profile pic really shows how sleek this model is..very very nice matey 👍 😀

I've been looking for a reason to build my Tamiya Mossie and now I've got a idea ..not a copy of yours mate..yours are one of a kind and I'm lovin that  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

killnoizer

:thumbsup:

Nice work , I think these typical lightning wings are something very British ...  :cheers:
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Vulcan7

Quote from: killnoizer on May 23, 2023, 03:51:51 PM:thumbsup:

Nice work , I think these typical lightning wings are something very British ...  :cheers:

Good point, interestingly enough though my 1st 2 Jet Mosquito's have Horten Ho 229 wings & Arado 234 jets (left over from twin & triple 229 builds  ;D )  (obviously not quite correct British prototype representatives  :o  ;D ) .... Just remembered I also did a Jet Mossie with Mig 25 wings....they just seem to look good, to me at least  ;D

very many thanks for all kind comments & responses  :cheers:

Vulcan7

Quote from: Wardukw on May 23, 2023, 03:13:43 PMNow I've opened my eyes and actually seen this post it's very cool 😎
The side profile pic really shows how sleek this model is..very very nice matey 👍 😀

I've been looking for a reason to build my Tamiya Mossie and now I've got a idea ..not a copy of yours mate..yours are one of a kind and I'm lovin that  ;D

I'd love to see that  :thumbsup:  the Frog Mossie is a bit of a dogs dinner of an old kit, & as it says in the best selling book...there is nothing new under the sun  ...although I know we try very hard on here   ;D  :thumbsup:

Wardukw

Mate we are the masters of taking total crap and turning in to something amazing thats for sure ...its scary how easy some of these blokes can do that  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

su27rules

Great trio of Jet Mosquito prototypes!! :wub:  :wub:  :thumbsup:  :mellow:  :thumbsup: