One Week Build 2023- General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, May 23, 2023, 06:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

This will be the general discussion area
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

1WGB 2023 starts next Saturday - let the discussions begin!
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

Ok, is the set up for this the same as the theme, do it all in a week?  :angel:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

No chance I can enter this year I'm afraid, far too much on my plate just now. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Quote from: Gondor on June 04, 2023, 07:31:57 AMOk, is the set up for this the same as the theme, do it all in a week?  :angel:

Gondor

Yep, rules to be posted either later this evening or (more likely) tomorrow.  Apologies for the delay, real life getting in the way of modelling.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

kitbasher

Quote from: kitbasher on June 04, 2023, 11:51:23 AM
Quote from: Gondor on June 04, 2023, 07:31:57 AMOk, is the set up for this the same as the theme, do it all in a week?  :angel:

Gondor

Yep, rules to be posted either later this evening or (more likely) tomorrow.  Apologies for the delay, real life getting in the way of modelling.

.....and the rules have just been posted. 

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Wardukw

I'd love to give a one week build ago but I can guarantee a total failure would happen.
Probably wouldn't even get half way thru the build.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

zenrat

A number of years ago I built this for the 1WGB.  A Hobby Boss Zlin Z-42M on floats.

Zlin v1.2 2 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

This year I shall be building either another one of these or the very similar Z-142.  Both these Hobby Boss kits are mostly moulded in clear and have very few parts so the construction phase should be quick.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitbasher

Quote from: Wardukw on June 05, 2023, 10:22:47 PMI'd love to give a one week build ago but I can guarantee a total failure would happen.

I've a 1WGB that's still unfinished after 6-7 years!

Wardukw

Quote from: kitbasher on June 06, 2023, 04:46:18 AM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 05, 2023, 10:22:47 PMI'd love to give a one week build ago but I can guarantee a total failure would happen.

I've a 1WGB that's still unfinished after 6-7 years!
Hahaha..yup that would happen here to  ;D
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Gondor

It's all in the planning, unless your Dizzy who builds fast regardless  <_<

Simple colour scheme and as few parts as possible help.

Time to spend on them is also a big help.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Dizzyfugu

This year's 1WGB somewhat caught me off guard. Currently have a project on the bench and no spectacular idea, and both weekends are already busy, so that I am not certain if I can/will/want to take part in this time.  :-\
Maybe inspiration strikes in the next couple of days, though, The Stashâ„¢ is big enough to yield some suitable material.

Weaver

I'm afraid that my aunt's death on Monday means that I'm almost certainly going to be too busy with other things in the next week. In a roundabout way though the 1WkGB actually helped with that because I booked next week off work months ago for it, it so I didn't have to ask my employer for too much time off work at short notice.

This was the project I was going to do.

Start with one of these:

Mine's part-started, but I wasn't going to use any of the glued-together bits (the rocket/engine pods, mainly), partly because they're remarkably powerful spring-loaded 'toy' rocket launchers (they'd outstay their welcome on a model show table in about five minutes!) and partly because they're awful mouldings.

Mods would have been:

New engine nozzles in back plate, which connect more credibly with the nose intake.

New entry door above engine nozzles.

Non-authentic wheel 'bulge' on belly converted to retractable hydro-ski.

Rocket/engine pods replaced by 1/32nd scale MATRA pods with scratchbuilt rocket boosters on the back.

New rocket/booster pods moved to overwing position.

Scratch/adapted cockpit interior IF there was time, windows painted black on the inside if there wasn't.

Dark blue colour scheme.

Royal Navy markings... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

I was originally going to try and build one of my AZ He 162 "Whiffs in a box" for this, but now my social life has suddenly got a bit busy next week I've decided to have a go at another AZ kt. Fewer parts, but older so the fit will be critical as to whether it gets finished or not, but the only way to find out is to ....................... ;)