One Week Build 2023- General Discussion

Started by NARSES2, May 23, 2023, 06:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Hmm, I might have found something in The Stashâ„¢. Just a "livery whif", but I guess that there's not enough time for more, and putting the model through a scenic photography session might not be possible in time, too.

AeroplaneDriver

My favorite GB every year!  Been away from the bench lately so this should be the catalyst to get me back.  I'm lucky enough to have a good chunk of the week off and SWMBO is away for most of it too so hopefully a chance for some Zen Building. 

Time to start searching the stash for a suitable project...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Wardukw

As Gondor said about planning..for me planning is a waste of time..yesterday I planned to work on my CV90 MGS..didn't happen as my help was needed..today its off to hospital for a couple of scans...and Friday I've got a clutch job on a van here as the clutch has crapped out.
So 90 percent of the time my plans end up in the pooper.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

sandiego89

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 07, 2023, 06:17:32 AM......but now my social life has suddenly got a bit busy next week........

A whiffer with a social life?  I knew I was doing something wrong.......

Ha ha, I get it, life gets busy!   
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

NARSES2

Quote from: sandiego89 on June 07, 2023, 03:53:23 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on June 07, 2023, 06:17:32 AM......but now my social life has suddenly got a bit busy next week........

A whiffer with a social life?  I knew I was doing something wrong.......

Ha ha, I get it, life gets busy!   

;D  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 07, 2023, 09:00:15 AM...some Zen Building.

That's what I need some of but stuff keeps getting in the way.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

PR19_Kit

'Stuff' is getting to be a real pain these days. :(

I'd not have been able to enter the 1WGB now anyway as my lady friend is in hospital and unlikely to be let out during the period of the GB. :(
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 08, 2023, 01:36:17 AM'Stuff' is getting to be a real pain these days. :(

I'd not have been able to enter the 1WGB now anyway as my lady friend is in hospital and unlikely to be let out during the period of the GB. :(

Hope she has a speedy recovery!  Maybe you can build at the bedside.  No PSR dust however.....
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

AeroplaneDriver

Did a little stash browsing today for inspiration.  At this point I think (subject to change naturally) I'm leaning towards Israeli...currently under consideration;

BAe Hawk armed trainer, 90s-2000s
Hawker Sea Hawk 50s-early 60s
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

kitbasher

1WGB 2023 starts tomorrow!

I've entered in the past and have even finished one or two within the week, but when a regular GB + traditional extension is often not enough.....

Will check my stash list later for possibilities.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 08, 2023, 03:15:30 PMDid a little stash browsing today for inspiration.  At this point I think (subject to change naturally) I'm leaning towards Israeli...currently under consideration;

BAe Hawk armed trainer, 90s-2000s
Hawker Sea Hawk 50s-early 60s

So similar but not the same as this one BAe Hawk T.68 Khok

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 08, 2023, 01:36:17 AM'Stuff' is getting to be a real pain these days. :(

Sorry to hear it Kit - hope she bounces back soon.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on June 09, 2023, 03:58:56 AMSorry to hear it Kit - hope she bounces back soon.

Apparently they're sending her home in the morning.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitbasher

Aaaaand we're off!!

Good luck everyone, enjoy your builds/stories/drawings, etc.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 09, 2023, 07:20:05 AM
Quote from: Weaver on June 09, 2023, 03:58:56 AMSorry to hear it Kit - hope she bounces back soon.

Apparently they're sending her home in the morning.  ;D

Glad to hear it, but not (I'll bet) half as glad as you.  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones