Started by kerick, May 23, 2023, 10:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I missed this one too, it looks absolutely fab.  :thumbsup:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

kerick

Thanks gents!
Babysitting the granddaughter today. No progress as my wife and I will be exhausted. Tomorrow may or may not be corrective surgery for my wife if the Dr ever calls to let us know what's happening.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Hope your Mr's finds out from the Doc'. Nothing worse than waiting.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

killnoizer

Quote from: kerick on April 08, 2024, 09:03:29 PMWell, it's only been a few months since an update on this one.
It turns out Testor Bright Red in their spray can was a near perfect match for the red in the CAL FIRE decals. Here's what it looked like over the white.

It took more coats than I expected and managed to leak under the tape in several of the typical places.

Some spots were my own fault. Over all, it could have been worse. And I managed to break the nose gear off.

Nose gear pinned in place and a lot of touch up.

[/url

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pJ3UxJ]

A boarding ladder under construction from spare parts.

So some progress has been made these few months. The mojo has been lacking and I'm spending far too much time looking at modeling stuff on my phone instead of building stuff. Now that summer is almost here it will be even harder to focus. Decals will be next so pray for me! I'm still on a mission to finish things so go ahead and nag me into working on stuff!

Very good concept and design, that works well , I like that  ! 

Those skinny legs could have some more struts to make them stronger , for me on every build is that daily business because the parts OOB are most just ready to break , and I hate that  ...  you can easily add some support struts in the landing gear bays  .

It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

kerick

I did add a strut to brace the nose gear. The main gear I had already pinned with a sewing pin. Those steel pins are really rigid and perfect for this.
Tophe the Wise

killnoizer

Somewhere outside ...

You cannot view this attachment.
It's a Land Rover, NOT a Jeep . Like a Jeep, but for gentlemen.

https://www.spacejunks.com/

Mossie

Another one who'd missed this. This is great, I have a soft spot for Firefighting aircraft.  :wub:  :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.