Fire Spotter

Started by kerick, May 23, 2023, 10:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

kerick

I think I will go with the Skyhawk type of gear.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

Please keep this one going! It's looking very good! :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

I'm working on Skyhawk style gear right now. I just can't figure out what to do with the nose gear. At first I was just going to stick half a fuel tank on the underside of the Bk117 cabin but that looks silly. I'm totally stuck. Any ideas. There is just no room for a reasonable nose gear.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

Quote from: kerick on June 30, 2023, 05:56:20 AMbut that looks silly
atren't silly and whif sometimes synonymous? ;D

Wardukw

Why not give it fixed landing gear..it's a fire spotter ..not a land range recon bird..and it would make the plane lighter given it more range 😀
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

Rick Lowe

Good idea, and there would be less complexity too, which would make it easier to maintain.

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on June 30, 2023, 12:18:19 PMWhy not give it fixed landing gear..it's a fire spotter ..not a land range recon bird..and it would make the plane lighter given it more range 😀

I was thinking of that. I would need some spats!
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on June 30, 2023, 07:30:19 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on June 30, 2023, 12:18:19 PMWhy not give it fixed landing gear..it's a fire spotter ..not a land range recon bird..and it would make the plane lighter given it more range 😀

I was thinking of that. I would need some spats!
Nahhhh no spats..those would be annoying when it comes to landing on rough strips and they love getting clogged with mud and crap ..also a lot of work Ken to get them to look right with your beasty.
Might end up looking kinda weird  🙃
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

This thing is weird enough!
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

comrade harps

Did the Idea Twin Mustang in the early 1990s. Never again.

Sure you'll make it look good, though
Whatever.

kerick

Quote from: comrade harps on July 01, 2023, 03:07:03 AMDid the Idea Twin Mustang in the early 1990s. Never again.

Sure you'll make it look good, though

The thing is, I've got a Monogram one under construction and it is so much better. If they wanted to rip off Monogram they at least could have done it properly!
Tophe the Wise

Tophe

As far as !i am concerned, pleased by shapes not details, this non-Monogram basis is good enough, and I  am happy of the result till here. ;)  ;D

kerick

I might have a solution. I made a mold of the underside of the cabin in modeling clay. I pressed a spare gear bay into the clay and poured UV resin over it. I'll flatten the bottom of the cabin somewhat and see if it can be attached and blended in. Worth a try.
Tophe the Wise