Fire Spotter

Started by kerick, May 23, 2023, 10:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Wardukw

Mate that look like a italeri model I had .
This won't help but revells kooks like that too but I think that's Italeri.
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

It probably is Italeri but I tossed out that box a long time ago. BTW it is 1/72. If anyone has a spare that is scratched or damaged that would work just as well.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kerick

I ordered CalFire decals from Draw Decals. Once I get them I can try to match the red color for some of the larger areas.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Decals arrived today. Now I have to paint it!
Tophe the Wise

buzzbomb

Quote from: kerick on September 29, 2023, 06:49:57 PMDecals arrived today. Now I have to paint it!

Dont envy you.. I have previously done the CFS Bronco using Draw decals.

kerick

Only such decals I've found. I'll give a shot.
Tophe the Wise

kerick

I have finally painted this one white. The wheels are on too. Now it's time for markings. I have to check if I have to paint any areas red.
Tophe the Wise

kerick

Well, it's only been a few months since an update on this one.
It turns out Testor Bright Red in their spray can was a near perfect match for the red in the CAL FIRE decals. Here's what it looked like over the white.

It took more coats than I expected and managed to leak under the tape in several of the typical places.

Some spots were my own fault. Over all, it could have been worse. And I managed to break the nose gear off.

Nose gear pinned in place and a lot of touch up.

[/url

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2pJ3UxJ]

A boarding ladder under construction from spare parts.

So some progress has been made these few months. The mojo has been lacking and I'm spending far too much time looking at modeling stuff on my phone instead of building stuff. Now that summer is almost here it will be even harder to focus. Decals will be next so pray for me! I'm still on a mission to finish things so go ahead and nag me into working on stuff!
Tophe the Wise

DogfighterZen

That's looking very good!  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

kerick

You're very generous! Way too many coats of white and red paint.  :banghead:
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Coming along well. :thumbsup:
Don't worry about the patching of the paint, we all do that from time to time - the end result is what matters.

Nice work on the main gear - I wouldn't have thought of that fix for the C/G problem.
Wonder if it would be right for the time-frame of my Jet Thunderbolt...  :unsure:

kerick

Quote from: Rick Lowe on April 08, 2024, 10:02:16 PMComing along well. :thumbsup:
Don't worry about the patching of the paint, we all do that from time to time - the end result is what matters.

Nice work on the main gear - I wouldn't have thought of that fix for the C/G problem.
Wonder if it would be right for the time-frame of my Jet Thunderbolt...  :unsure:

Why not? Go for it! I was thinking of sort of a backwards Skyraider or a Skyhawk type of thing.
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Well, the system was in established use from pre-WW2 for the P-40 series, so it's not beyond the bounds to think a variation might be used late- or post-war...

63cpe

Again an amazing project. And another one i missed earlier....must check this forum more frequently.

Looks amazing, than again any project with an F-82 is an interesting project.

I like the red &white color, typical for a socal fire spotter.

Really like to see this finished..

David aka 63CPE