The Lockheed-Martin-BAe F-35D Thunder

Started by PR19_Kit, May 25, 2023, 02:43:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Amazingly the fuselage/wings are together now. There seemed little point in keeping the two halves knocking about in the box for ages, so I glued it together last night.

I can still carry on sanding off the RAM panels anyway, and it's a bit easier as the assembly is stiffer now.

One tailplane has been extended as well, and looks OK

Pics later on.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

PR19_Kit

And here it is.

You cannot view this attachment.

One good thing about any F-35 model is you won't need ANY nose weight. The main wheels are so far back and with that looooong nose it's never going to be a tail sitter.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

That shot gives it the look of a sea-skimmer. I can just see it zooming across the surface of Coniston Water.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Noe that'd be a REAL Whiff, wouldn't it?  ;D

Regards
Kit

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 31, 2023, 06:22:58 AMThat shot gives it the look of a sea-skimmer. I can just see it zooming across the surface of Coniston Water.

Agreed, but one would hope it didn't hit a log, or a standing wave from its previous run................................................
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 31, 2023, 06:22:58 AMThat shot gives it the look of a sea-skimmer. I can just see it zooming across the surface of Coniston Water.

An F-35 ekranoplan???? Some kind of float/ski on the wingtips. Just have to move the intakes to the top of the fuselage. Look what you guys have done to me now!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on May 31, 2023, 08:41:23 AM

An F-35 ekranoplan???? Some kind of float/ski on the wingtips. Just have to move the intakes to the top of the fuselage. Look what you guys have done to me now!

Ahhhh our work is almost done..but not quite yet   ;)
If it aint broke ,,fix it until it is .
Over kill is often very understated .
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

kerick

Quote from: Wardukw on May 31, 2023, 01:00:22 PM

With red stars? Another Caspian Sea Monster?
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Wardukw

Quote from: kerick on May 31, 2023, 01:54:28 PM

Ohhh no ..no red stars..white stars or red roundels..red stars are a nono   ;D
Maybe a Lake Superior sea monster 👻 😅
I know the voices in my head ain't real but they do come up with some great ideas.
Theres few of lifes problems that can't be solved with the proper application of a high explosive projectile .

buzzbomb

keep on doing what you are doing.. listen to the voices in your head  ;)

scooter

Quote from: Wardukw on May 31, 2023, 03:11:44 PM

Maple Leaf Roundels...for the Great Maple Syrup Wars
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

Saw a pic today of one all loaded up with external stores. I mean, she's no Harrier, but she still looked good ! Cheers
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Wardukw

Quote from: scooter on May 31, 2023, 05:01:33 PM
Quote from: Wardukw on May 31, 2023, 03:11:44 PM

Maple Leaf Roundels...for the Great Maple Syrup Wars
Couldn't agree more..that was a nasty war ..love the Maple Leaf 🍁 😊

PR19_Kit

Who says you can't put an F-35C wing and tail on an F-35B?  ;D 

Here's half of the job, together with the drawing. Lots of PSR and filing to shape to go yet of course, but it's starting too look OK.

And I was surprised how small the F-35 is compared to the Swift F10 that I've just built. I tend to think that modern day aircraft are larger than their earlier counterparts, but it's not so really.

Regards
Kit